Xmas Supercharger

Well I have a question to you more experienced with the blown aspect of the 4.6. My girlfriend told me today she would buy me a charger for my 2002 gt:D . The car has 20k miles and is in wonderful condition. I am looking for a charger that will be as low of a price as possible even possibly used if there is nothing wrong with doing that. I would rather not have to do anything internally if I dont have to but understand that somethings just have to be done for it to be blown. I have always heard good things of the procharger and of the vortex. Please post your thoughts/experiences and comments. Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

I would recoment the mongoose kit from modular powerhouse or the KB kit. they are both about ~3800.

they both comecomplete and ready to go. I would lean towards the KB because it replaces the plastic intake. they are both about the same price. the mongoose kit will give a bit more upper end hp the KB kit will give more low end torque.

your most likely looking at a cent. blower for a lower cost. The KB is most likely going to be out of the question unless you can find one on ebay for cheap. Either way you'll love it. Great girl BTW!:hail2: My wife let me get the KB for the Cobra last winter. I was suprised as hell!!

A Procharger will run close to $6000+tx. That is for the ATI kit, maf,fuel pump,42 injectors,installation,tune. You will also need some suspension,tires,gauges,sub frame connectors. My 4.6 is Stock.I shift at 5500 with a shift light and the tune(safe) is set up more for drivability than max. performance. It's great mod..I love it and would do it again.But it does chew thru the wallet

also..you will upgrade to 93oct..I'm getting 10mpg

:Damnit: , you suck my friend. Im going to have to run that passed my gf and see what she says. I dought the outcome would be as good as yours. You a lucky lucky man, you better hold on to her for a while. crapola

xseler8 said:
A Procharger will run close to $6000+tx. That is for the ATI kit, maf,fuel pump,42 injectors,installation,tune. You will also need some suspension,tires,gauges,sub frame connectors. My 4.6 is Stock.I shift at 5500 with a shift light and the tune(safe) is set up more for drivability than max. performance. It's great mod..I love it and would do it again.But it does chew thru the wallet

damn, 10 mpg? you must have a heavy foot

xseler8 said:

Mine was $6000 for the KB 10psi kit, 90mm meter, Boost-A-Pump, Cool Air kit, Big Tube, 75mm TB, came with green (42#) injectors and the KB flip-chip and boost gauge, but I had to do the install myself for that price. The install was a pain for me...because I had to work on other cars and could only spend a couple hours a day on the install. I'm pretty easy on the boost most of the time and it looks like I'm getting 15mpg now. N/A I would get 19-20mpg.

FWIW, if I didn't choose the KB I would have gone with the same kit that you picked.

The Procharger was about $3700(polished) + shipping/tax. The maf,42inj,Cobra fuel pump install & tune were the difference.They don't come with the kit. It has to be dyno tuned. My poor gas mileage is from a very rich tune & yes & like to step on the gas.But I keep it safe & legal...to the track when I get a chance. Was 240rw to 391.3rw with the blower. The KB kits are great. That'll be my next blown car.