Yeah, So My Car Blows Out A Spark Plug

This is a problem on 4.6's you here about all the time. I blew a spark plug out about 2 months ago on startup. Just get someone to install a helicoil. It cost me $350 labor and parts and thats including a new coil pack. The spark plugs on a 4.6 only go in about 4 threads before they stop in the head. They changed it i believe in 04. 2 of my other mustang friends have blown out spark plugs too. And thats on n/a motors not during racing.

Josh

• Sponsors (?)

Problem Fixed

So I got my stang back about an hour ago and it's running great. The best part of all is it only cost me 100$ :banana: So If you guys know anybody that has the same problem let em know they don't have to buy a new head.
:nice:

MustangLife said:
It cost me $350 labor and parts and thats including a new coil pack. The spark plugs on a 4.6 only go in about 4 threads before they stop in the head. They changed it i believe in 04. 2 of my other mustang friends have blown out spark plugs too. And thats on n/a motors not during racing.

Josh

Yeah the guy at the head shop said the same thing about the threads only going about 4 or 5 threads deep and that's all that's holding the plug in. WTF