Yes another synthetic oil question

• Sponsors (?)

I've run mobil 1 10/30 for almost 10yrs now, and never had a problem. I change it out about every 6000 miles and have never seen any smoke or experienced any excessive oil usage. Oil pressure has stayed constant since I've owned the car, and it's not babied.

Just picked up 5 quarts of Mobil 1 ,the guy at the Napa store told me I have to change it every 3000 just like regular oil.He said it gets just as dirty as regular oil by 3000 miles. Im a little confused!!

Who is the idiot?

Black331Stang said:
yeah man every 3000 miles, synthetic or not....dont wait any longer. u musta sounded liek an idiot asking him if u have to change your oil haha
:lol: I'm not sure why you are calling WILLYS1 an idiot....he asked a legitimate question.
The question I have, is why someone who can't spell, is calling ANYONE else an idiot, black331stang?

FWIW a while back i did some research on synthetics. most companies said their full synthetics are good for 10k-12k miles as they do not break down as quickly as conventional oils. that being said however, i still change mine every 3k-5k.

-steve

I'm running Amsoil 10w30 100% synthetic... and I'm only changing my oil once this year.... with a filter change at 6 months... I'll probably put between 3K-4.5K miles this year... According to Amsoil, you do not want to leave a filter in more than six months no matter how many miles you run... I'm also getting a sample of my oil analyzed to check how good it still is, when I change the filter next month...

hey dickbag...first off i wasnt calling him an idiot, if u knew how u read u would have figured that out. i said u must have sounded like one. meaning the guy at the store was probably like, WTF?
o an its sooo funny, i cant spell?? y? because i made a type-o on one friggin letter?? its people like u who f**k up the forums with BS posts and make stupid comments and never give any info.

Black331Stang said:
hey dickbag...first off i wasnt calling him an idiot, if u knew how u read u would have figured that out. i said u must have sounded like one. meaning the guy at the store was probably like, WTF?
o an its sooo funny, i cant spell?? y? because i made a type-o on one friggin letter?? its people like u who f**k up the forums with BS posts and make stupid comments and never give any info.
Dude,Relax,its all part of the forums! By the way,you screwed up again!LOL

Well ,I guess I didnt do enough homework on that one.I payed 35.00 for the oil and filter.I was thinking I could go 6000 miles before changing it.I pay 17.00 for regular oil and a filter every 3000,so the synthetic would only be a doller more.So much for thinking!But then again Im getting alot better lubrication,plus a couple of extra horses!