Yesterday..Lower River Road

tehnick said:
Yeah, that is a nice kill. Not to instigate anything because I love seeing Vettes get nailed, but that Z06 seems like it would have pulled on your car with a better driver. I would assume the guy driving it had no idea how to really handle a car with that much power, or he had the "expensive new car" jitters. Nonetheless, glad to see a Stang smoke it. :hail2:

Without racing it on Saturday I would have certainly agreed with you. However, there is not much driver ability involved when rolling. As I stated, we raced 2 times, once from a dig till the top of 3rd gear when my clutch started to slip after shifting into 4th, then after a little cool down, he followed me out the gate, and we went side by side again rolling through 3rd then the top of 4th gear. When I let off at the top of 4th, his whole car was in my rear view mirror.

I am pretty sure the numbers in my sig dont reflect the power I am seeing.:nice:

Varian let me know when you go down there again.

• Sponsors (?)

saleenster said:
Without racing it on Saturday I would have certainly agreed with you. However, there is not much driver ability involved when rolling. As I stated, we raced 2 times, once from a dig till the top of 3rd gear when my clutch started to slip after shifting into 4th, then after a little cool down, he followed me out the gate, and we went side by side again rolling through 3rd then the top of 4th gear. When I let off at the top of 4th, his whole car was in my rear view mirror.

I am pretty sure the numbers in my sig dont reflect the power I am seeing.:nice:

Varian let me know when you go down there again.

True, based on the numbers in your sig the Z06 should have pulledon ya. If you have different numbers now, then let's get that update and kill some more vettes. Would love to see ya bust a viper's ass too...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 627_must3.jpg
    627_must3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 130
Actually, these are the numbers I found:
Performance-
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - V8 7.0L (505 hp) 6M + ABS
0 - 60 Time:4.54
1/4 Mile Time:12.40
1/4 Mile Speed:125.70
Braking 60 - 0:118

If my car was sufficient to go a 12.8 with a horrible 2.1 RT and only 300 rwhp right after I strapped on the supercharger then it seems to be Cory with WELL over 400 to the rear wheels will easily be able to pull it. These cars are not God incarnate people, just high displacement with high (11.0:1) compression. Again, WTG Cory.

I realize the high mph suggests a faster car, but if at a track with a pro driver it was only able to go that quick in the 1/4, then thats how it will perform on the street as well. Also, the fact that they went from a roll and Cory won negates the fact that its quicker on top end either.

gotta remember that the advertised numbers are flywheel, not rear wheel. And the C-6 Z06 is speced at 3150lbs curb weight + driver, so you're looking around 3350lbs effective weight with an "average" driver.

I'd say power:weight Cory is right there with them if not a touch better, same for you David.

WaterPog said:
gotta remember that the advertised numbers are flywheel, not rear wheel. And the C-6 Z06 is speced at 3150lbs curb weight + driver, so you're looking around 3350lbs effective weight with an "average" driver.

I'd say power:weight Cory is right there with them if not a touch better, same for you David.

Yes it is a C6 Z06 vette that I raced. I was surprised as hell to see one let alone the location of all places. This is the reason I posted it on SN. It was Yellow, so keep your eyes out for it running around. He just bought it cause it didn't have plates, just a temp in the back window. Cool guy, hope to see him again so I can invite him out to SB:nice:

My brother just bought a brand new GTO so I have been doing a lot of surfing the new LS6 boards and most of the new Z06's with a competent driver are hitting high 11's with stock run flat tires and traction control.

If you were able to pull on him that badly then you have an idea of what your car is going to be able to pull at the track, especially with a proper clutch and traction.

BTW where the hell is lower river road, I have wanted to go down there a million times but don't know where it's at.

Lower River Road is easy found.

Get on I-5 heading North if your coming from Portland, when you cross the bridge into Washington, take the 4th plain exit and head West on 4th plain. Follow it all the way out. When the road vears left at the Spill way from Vancouver Lake to Columbia River, stay stright and follow it all the way to the end which is about 3 miles. Total travel from exiting off the Freeway is approx 6 miles to the end of Lower River Road.

the_david said:
Are we talkin' bout a C6 z06 or a C5 z06?

C5 z06 = 405hp?
C6 z06 = 505hp?

If it's a C5, the numbers in the sig seem sufficient to pull a car length, no?

Well even if its a c-6, the 505 rating is at the crank, not the wheels..... even with 85% thats less than 430 to the wheels. Cory was 418 BEFORE the latest round of tuning.
You guys sound like Paul for Christ sake... the c6zo6 is not Gods gift to cars. Its a great ride, but its hardly unbeatable.

DD
:flag: :nice:

Ok, I have to say something here.

First, if it was anyone other than Cory, I would have called BS. I believe Cory. Good Kill Cory.

Ok, with that said, the new C6 Z06 has been dyno-ed at 451.9 hp and 426.6 tq stock. The Z06 is aproximately 3200lbs. How much does Cory's weight? I suspect being a vert, it is at least 3800lbs. He did say the Z06 was having trouble hooking up. With an experienced driver in the seat of the Z06 and maybe DRs on it, it would have walked away. The Z06 is not only made for straight line, but more for the twisties and it still does an impressive job stop light to stop light.

Don't take this as bias towards Vettes. I very much respect Stangs and would still love to own a new GT500, if I could afford it.

Patrick

Rogue Cobra said:
Ok, I have to say something here.

First, if it was anyone other than Cory, I would have called BS. I believe Cory. Good Kill Cory.

Ok, with that said, the new C6 Z06 has been dyno-ed at 451.9 hp and 426.6 tq stock. The Z06 is aproximately 3200lbs. How much does Cory's weight? I suspect being a vert, it is at least 3800lbs. He did say the Z06 was having trouble hooking up. With an experienced driver in the seat of the Z06 and maybe DRs on it, it would have walked away. The Z06 is not only made for straight line, but more for the twisties and it still does an impressive job stop light to stop light.

Don't take this as bias towards Vettes. I very much respect Stangs and would still love to own a new GT500, if I could afford it.

Patrick

Tks Patrick. There is a misconception about fox convertibles. Remember, they are a coupe body with some extra bracing. Most Verts seem to be autos that are owned by somewhat to non intrested Mustang owners. I weighted my car about 2 yrs ago, and I beleive with me in the car it was right at 3400 lbs with spare and jack, etc. I have added the blower and brackets but all the Smog items have been removed since as well. Maybe a trade off in weight or added just a few extra lbs, but not much.

Back in November, Jordan and I raced 3 times, on the 3rd run, he pulled from me right off the bat, but as I reached full boost, I would start to catch him. Varian was in the car with me, so he saw it. Jordan was making over 460 rwhp and same number of tq, where I was making what my sig displays. We've added 2 more lbs of boost, and replaced the conservative tune with an aggressive one. This is a recipe the clutch and T5 is not liking.:D

Well I just got off the phone with my engine builder and it looks to be done hopefully by end of next week. I am taking my heads in to be cleaned and checked:D today. Still missing some certain bolts to put it all together still.

Edit: Thanks for the quick response Chung!

Anyways, after the engine and tranny are back in the car, its off to Turbo Tech for a custom cold air intake kit. Once thats done, I still have to order my converter, and redo the rear end, then and only then I'll drive it down to your place C-Money and me and you can have a little fun, and see if I can keep up with that Saleen:nice:

Congrats on the win C-money:hail2: :hail2: :flag: