You guys are gonna hate this, but. . .

loudpedal99

Aug 30, 2005
ND
[flamesuit]I have a couple questions about the fox body computer swap. [/flamesuit]

I know, I know, the sn95 computer is better. The ONLY reason why I'm asking is, I'm buying a procharger (including sn95 brackets) from my friend who had it in a fox. He said he could include his injectors, pro-m univer, and computer, which has a diablo chip that is dyno-tuned for this setup installed, for a great price. This is also the guy I bought my motor from, so he had the EXACT SAME SETUP as I will have once it's installed (I just freshened the 306).

My original plan was to buy the blower, and then save for a PMS and practice tuning my h/c/i combo before adding boost. However, if I can get this deal working, I don't have to mess with it, and the parts I need for the swap will be cheaper than the tuner.

I searched for a while and figured out that I need an MSD ignition (needed anyway), fan controller, and supposedly some pins need swapped at the connector. Here's my questions:

- He doesnt have an A9L, his is a 'A3M'. Would this be wired any differently, or will the procedure for the A9L work?
- Does anyone know what pins need to be swapped, or does anyone have a pin-out for the fox computer?
- I believe his car was an automatic, my car is a 5-speed, is this a deal-breaker?

Thanks for any insight you guys may have, and feel free to voice what you would do in this situation.

• Sponsors (?)