your opinion on diablo chips

• Sponsors (?)

I ordered one on 1/13/04. It arrived ontime. I used it for about a month until I relized it was programmed fo rthe wrong car! I sent it back and have not seen it since! I got money $ refunded today. Diablo...well...BLOWS! I have waited for months to get the chip re-burned. I finally gave up and bought a programer from Superchips. I was not going to reward Diablo anymore by buying more of their stuff.

You will find (as I have later) that this is a common problem with Diablo.

Sorry Diablo. But you had your chance. Now I will tell everyone I can about this if they ask.

Bad Chip

Finally got my motor together and have been working with Diablo for three months+ they have sent me the third chip so far and I have only seen minimal changes in performance. I got rid of my FMU and have added most of my mods in my signature (except the supercharger) in the last build, after three burns I have a great idle but still run in the 8's for fuel ratio. We had to send them the calibration from my Pro one MAF because they told us we were wrong, and now they are telling me they might not be able to program a a chip at all!! Some friends in the industry are telling me that Diablo is concentrating on the 05 chips and really falling off to the wayside on quality and customer service. I had heard they were really reputable in the past but my experience is terrible. I would not reccomend them for anything.

The problem is not necessarily the chip, but where you get it programmed. I have a Diablosport custom chip and I've had no problems and it works great. However, I bought mine and had it burned at Reinhardt For by Dennis Reinhardt. I didn't bother to go through the company as it was cheaper and easier using someone like Dennis.

i am about half and half. i am EXTREMELY pleased with the results of my custom tune. i recently put my blower on, 42#'s, and 90mm and needed a custom tune and really wanted to try and nail it as close as possible without getting to a dyno because there arent any good tuners around here. i am LUCKY because one of my best friends is a diablo dealer and could burn me chips as much as i needed. Diablo nailed a perfect tune the first time they sent a program, 11.8:1, just like i wanted. only bad thing was they didnt remove the top speed limiter and my truck kept shutting off at 98. well, i kept bitching and it took them 4 more tries (in 3 months) but they finally got it right. i was kinda pissed cause i missed all the cool weather at the track and now i cant run cause its so hot, but at least i got it where it'll go faster than 100 now.

i'd go with diablo again if i had to. but if i was gonna spend the money and go to a dyno, i'd go with Superchips SCT or Autologic. i went with diablo cause my friend could burn them for me.

personaly, i am leaning towards the chip programer for 350 bucks!!!~ you can advance the timing, change the shift points etc.. look into it, i think it is going to be the best for the money!