z 28 owner for last 12 years just bought 94 cobra

Discussion in 'SVT Tech Forum' started by chefster, May 25, 2004.

1. chefster

chefster New Member

just bought my first cobra and i love it ,i can't wait to drive it every day. I work for Ford and needed a daily driver.It has long tube bbks,h,and american thunders. Undersize pullies. I have to drive 80 miles a day.. some one suggested 373s ,what will that do to the gas milage..and what else can I do to it that will only effect the gas if I get on it...which I love to do, should I lower it and how much and with what ?
  2. SlvrStangBabe

SlvrStangBabe New Member

I just wanted to say Congratulations on a Wise Choice!!! Its nice to see the Chevy guys cross over once in a while...

I have 3.73 in my 01 GT and I drive about 70-80 miles a day to work/school and back. I get 22 Miles to the gallon on a regular basis. I drive mostly highways, but I usually get stuck in stop and go traffic too and from work.

Hope that helps!
  3. marcus95

marcus95 Active Member

You will be really happy with 3.73's in your Cobra. I was with my 94 Cobra before my buddy totaled it. You will get the most out of your mods with that gear. Also, your mileage wont suffer enough to **** you off. You may notice a little difference but the extra seat-of your-pants acceleration you will feel will negate the mileage thing.

Congrats on your purchase. :nice: