00 GT w/Loudmouth II - First impressions

slipperyDave

Sep 14, 2005
So I got a SLP Loudmouth II on my 2000 GT this past Saturday. I have to say, it's not nearly as loud as folks say. I was almost disappointed! It's got a real DEEP tone, but is honestly about as loud as the stock setup. And here I was - hoping to annoy a few neighbors.

Keep in mind, I don't have headers and the stock H-pipe is still there. The fit was awesome though - props to the engineering folks at SLP.

I believe this kit has interchangeable mufflers, so I may try the LM 1 next. If you exhaust nerds want something that's very deep but not loud at all, I highly recommend the LM 2.

Edit: Two years and one post! ROFLMAO

• Sponsors (?)

So I got a SLP Loudmouth II on my 2000 GT this past Saturday. I have to say, it's not nearly as loud as folks say. I was almost disappointed! It's got a real DEEP tone, but is honestly about as loud as the stock setup. And here I was - hoping to annoy a few neighbors.

Keep in mind, I don't have headers and the stock H-pipe is still there. The fit was awesome though - props to the engineering folks at SLP.

I believe this kit has interchangeable mufflers, so I may try the LM 1 next. If you exhaust nerds want something that's very deep but not loud at all, I highly recommend the LM 2.

Edit: Two years and one post! ROFLMAO

LM 1 sounds awesome with the stock H-pipe. LM IIs are like Magnapacks. I actually just posted a video of my magnapacks with a catted H pipe. They sound similar to the LM IIs so if you want to listen to what they would sound like with a catted H then go down a few post and check it out. I would say if you want it louder with the stock H then switch out LM IIs for the LM 1s.

You may think your current exhaust setup is weak sounding. Just pay about $150 for a upr off road x-pipe and your exhaust will bark. My Bullitt has this setup and it just sounds sick. You will not regret having the o/r x-pipe.{dont forget to get mil eliminators}.:lol: