02’ Mustang GT flutter like sound

trlps_

Feb 25, 2020
Houston
Hello, so I noticed on my way home from work this morning a flutter like sound coming from the drivers side of the motor. Sounds like a big vacuum leak or massive leak of air when I give it gas. Kind of sounds like a loud hissing noise, almost like a loud fluttering noise but can’t tell if it’s a vacuum leak or something else. Checked the oil and it was low, so I went ahead and added more for the time being, sounded a little better but still sounds like massive amounts of air being let out when giving gas and somewhat when even just at an idle. Anybody have any ideas as to what it could be? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Sound it out. Put your hands on stuff to find the sound. If its loud you should be able to figure it. Not everbody agrees with this but spray brake clean on areas. check intake the big tube part sounds like its loose........If its a vacuum leak that big it would fun a little off.

Reactions: 1 user
Double check that the spark plugs are correctly torqued. If the spark plugs are loose and start to back out this increases the possibility of spark plug blow out. Much easier to re-torque to factory specs than to repair the heads after spark plug blows out.

Reactions: 1 user
Double check that the spark plugs are correctly torqued. If the spark plugs are loose and start to back out this increases the possibility of spark plug blow out. Much easier to re-torque to factory specs than to repair the heads after spark plug blows out.
figured out what it was, somehow exhaust came loose and can see where its at. Going to take it to a shop this week to get fixed and changed

Sound it out. Put your hands on stuff to find the sound. If its loud you should be able to figure it. Not everbody agrees with this but spray brake clean on areas. check intake the big tube part sounds like its loose........If its a vacuum leak that big it would fun a little off.
thats what i figured but ended up being an exhaust leak, came really loose and can see where its just hanging on for dear life, going to get fixed this week