02 sensors

pipeguy

Apr 11, 2008
Hi guys, wonderfull day up in canada, so I was working on the car a little bit, and i was checking my engine light code, it came up with 02s 21, I checked the live data and 02s 11, 02s 12, 02s 22 all had data streaming through them exept for 02s 21, therefore the tripped code, now the question is this, does anyone know which of the 4 sensors this is? There is 2 before the cats and 2 after the cats towards the back. I also had another code called P0355 generic, ignition coil E primary/ secondary, I couldnt make any sense of this one> If I have to i will take it to dealer, but if it is just a part swap, I kinda really enjoy doing this stuff with my little guy helping me. also the code for the fist problem is p1151 if ti helps. Thank you very much guys. I almost forgot it is a 2000 gt 4.6 v8.

• Sponsors (?)

P1151:
Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 2.

Bank 2 refers to driver's side, and if the location is 1 then it refers to the sensor closest to the exhaust manifold (vs. behind the cat).

I would check for a vacum leak first by simply spray some water+dishsoap solution around the hoses, etc, to check for leaks. It's free and easy to do.

I believe P1151 refers to a lack of switching (ie. the voltage fluctuating from 0v to 1v) on the output of the O2 sensor. this can be caused by vacum leaks, or problems with the IAT, ECT, MAF, CKP, Fuel system or a misfire detection.

Good luck :canada: