04 GT vs 05 GT

Rootus said:
Not only that, but people are comparing times for different tracks. I still have yet to see a Mach 1 hit the 12's at my local track. Saw one running consistent 13.1's with 4.10's, MT's, and a 5000 RPM clutch-dump. (Not digging on Mach 1's at all, just pointing out that track conditions make a noticable difference). So I'm guessing I'll be seeing 05's running low 14's, maybe some high 13's.

Dave

Guys are already running low 13s with the 2005 and have posted time slips :lol:

• Sponsors (?)

hp2k5 said:
Guys are already running low 13s with the 2005 and have posted time slips :lol:
That's great! Does it have anything to do with what I said, though?

I only got a 13.1 with my 03 Cobra the last time it was at the track. Do you think an 05 GT would be able to keep up with me, considering that someone somewhere ran a 13.3? Of course not, that's absurd, you'd be looking at my brake lights from about 500 yards behind me.

Come to my track, see if you can break into the 13's in your 05 :). I'll bet you lunch you can't.

Dave

zero3mach1dsg said:
the same can be said about the 05 GT they ran don't you think???
and yes, i'm also waiting to see them at the tracks, i guess they're properly broken-in by now....
I would start believing some times when i see this car running down the tracks
:spot:

If MM&FF has done a similar 1/4 mile test with an 05, I am unaware of it.

The bottom line is that given the same driver, track, weather conditions, both cars 100% bone stock, etc., etc., a manual 05 GT will be around 0.5 sec faster in the 1/4 than a 99 - 04 GT and an '05 Auto will be close to a second faster than a 99-04 Auto.

Rootus said:
That's great! Does it have anything to do with what I said, though?

I only got a 13.1 with my 03 Cobra the last time it was at the track. Do you think an 05 GT would be able to keep up with me, considering that someone somewhere ran a 13.3? Of course not, that's absurd, you'd be looking at my brake lights from about 500 yards behind me.

Come to my track, see if you can break into the 13's in your 05 :). I'll bet you lunch you can't.

Dave

Let me see... 23k for a 2005 Mustang GT deluxe. 4k to add a whippie S/C boosting it to well over 400 hp. That totals 27k for 450hp+ beast. Plus the styling cues of the 05 are comparable to the Stangs of the 60's.

Id think Id take the 05 Stang hands down in the 1/4 over mr rootus 390hp cobra that prolly costed him over 30k.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I give up.

How the hell did this thread get turned into yet another Cobra vs. 05 GT argument?

Nobody in this thread cares how fast your '03 Cobra is and nobody cares how fast an '05 GT will be with a Whipple stuck on it.

The question was how fast will an '05 GT auto be vs. an '04 GT auto.

Why do I even waste my time here on StangNet?

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

hp2k5 said:
Let me see... 23k for a 2005 Mustang GT deluxe. 4k to add a whippie S/C boosting it to well over 400 hp. That totals 27k for 450hp+ beast. Plus the styling cues of the 05 are comparable to the Stangs of the 60's.

Id think Id take the 05 Stang hands down in the 1/4 over mr rootus 390hp cobra that prolly costed him over 30k.

You may want to research the concept of forged internals and compression ratios before you attempt to turn your 05 GT into a "beast" for 4K.

And if you can find a 05 deluxe GT for 23K, I will buy all you got at that price.

One more thing........ before you respond to this post think carefully lest you hurt thyself.

romans8:28 said:
You may want to research the concept of forged internals and compression ratios before you attempt to turn your 05 GT into a "beast" for 4K.

And if you can find a 05 deluxe GT for 23K, I will buy all you got at that price.

One more thing........ before you respond to this post think carefully lest you hurt thyself.

The research is already done. I refer you to mr whippie my friend:

"Some may have problems supercharging the 05' stang, but we don't. We will be putting the motor through vigorous testing including WOT for 100 hours. No other company will do anything even close to this. So our system WILL be the most reliable power adder out there. We have a 4" thick intercooler, louvered fin, bar plate design, 16fpi. Theres a 1.5 gallon reservoir, a 4" fluidyne heat exchanger, 2.3Liter SC, 4" inlet tubing, enclosed air filter, etc.... The stock hyperutetic piston is certainly not ideal, but this style has been used for years, as long as you can control knock, the piston will live so the challenge is doing the proper testing, I'm afraid most of the aftermarket can not offer such testing. The AVL cylinder pressure transducer system with software and equipment is nearly $300,000. The endurance test, whether you pass or fail is over $50,000. We did this with our Ford Ranger project. 50 hours at peak torque, 50 hours at peak hp, 11lbs of unintercooled boost, on the edge of detonation. That was the 3.0 Vulcan engine, a far cry from the 4.6 3v Mustang engine.

I don't see customers shoving insane levels of boost like prior setups, the market I think will go more to the "bolt-on" setups vs. the custom setups.

We use all Ford calibration software, authorizied by Ford. Our head calibrator is one of the most sought after calibration experts involved in the Ford communnity. We had our 04' 3v running quite some time ago, the first to my knowledge to run with the electronic throttle.

I don't see how an aftermarket PCM can work with the ETC of the Mustang. The Corvette ETC is based off a completely different philosphy. The GM systems are used to open and close the throttle, not torque management. The Ford system is torque based. They have a certain % +/- the given torque level at a certain throttle position/MAF flow rate that the engine can see, if you exceed those %, the ETC will modify the air flow (decrease or increase) and possibly set a code.

Price should be in the mid $4000 range, but thats just an estimate, but I won't truly know until I finish the BOM.

Thanks,
Dustin Whipple"

hp2k5 said:
The research is already done. I refer you to mr whippie my friend:

"Some may have problems supercharging the 05' stang, but we don't. We will be putting the motor through vigorous testing including WOT for 100 hours. No other company will do anything even close to this. So our system WILL be the most reliable power adder out there. We have a 4" thick intercooler, louvered fin, bar plate design, 16fpi. Theres a 1.5 gallon reservoir, a 4" fluidyne heat exchanger, 2.3Liter SC, 4" inlet tubing, enclosed air filter, etc.... The stock hyperutetic piston is certainly not ideal, but this style has been used for years, as long as you can control knock, the piston will live so the challenge is doing the proper testing, I'm afraid most of the aftermarket can not offer such testing. The AVL cylinder pressure transducer system with software and equipment is nearly $300,000. The endurance test, whether you pass or fail is over $50,000. We did this with our Ford Ranger project. 50 hours at peak torque, 50 hours at peak hp, 11lbs of unintercooled boost, on the edge of detonation. That was the 3.0 Vulcan engine, a far cry from the 4.6 3v Mustang engine.

I don't see customers shoving insane levels of boost like prior setups, the market I think will go more to the "bolt-on" setups vs. the custom setups.

We use all Ford calibration software, authorizied by Ford. Our head calibrator is one of the most sought after calibration experts involved in the Ford communnity. We had our 04' 3v running quite some time ago, the first to my knowledge to run with the electronic throttle.

I don't see how an aftermarket PCM can work with the ETC of the Mustang. The Corvette ETC is based off a completely different philosphy. The GM systems are used to open and close the throttle, not torque management. The Ford system is torque based. They have a certain % +/- the given torque level at a certain throttle position/MAF flow rate that the engine can see, if you exceed those %, the ETC will modify the air flow (decrease or increase) and possibly set a code.

Price should be in the mid $4000 range, but thats just an estimate, but I won't truly know until I finish the BOM.

Thanks,
Dustin Whipple"

LOL............. you have made the end of 2004 for me :rlaugh:

romans8:28 said:
LOL............. you have made the end of 2004 for me :rlaugh:

I see....

Lets just say your not a good enough negotiator to command a 23k base model price off the 2005 Mustang GT deluxe. It's in invoice is 23 and change bt the way. I will give you 24k. That still totals to 28k tops. 450hp for 28k is the way I would go. I completely understand that you did not have these options when you bought your cobra so I forgive your misunderstanding.

Also, one more thing from Dustin:

"The fuel line is a cross over line, had to remove the factory hard line. For production, the kit will go around the back.

Current HP levels, although very preliminary are 455-465rwhp @ 8lbs. Were testing different intercoolers, heat exchangers, timing tables, etc. so that may change. The kit price will be somewhere in the mid $4000 range but aren't sure yet. It will include all the parts including a PCM flash tool, heat exchanger, water reservoir, intercooler, etc.

Auto tranny? Well, thats something that will be tested. I know that it will not live without some type of torque management thats for sure. The manual will be released first but as long as we feel we can get the auto to live under reasonable usage, then it will be released afterwards. We will offer it so that it's reliable, so if it needs extra parts, we will include them in the kit. To note, the transmission is the same as the Ford Ranger! Not sure who was in charge of that for a performance car such as the stang.

The 6 rib setup will be fine for most applications up to 12lbs. An 8 rib system is possible but difficult and we won't be addressing that until later in next year.

Thanks,
Dustin

adiorio said:
24 is how much u can get a v6!!! it 26-28 to get a gt rite now eventualy prices will drop as they become jus another ordinary mustang

$22,288 is the base invoice price on the 2005 Ford Mustang GT. A good negotiator can get 500 over invoce. Even if you can only get 1k over invoice that still totals to 23k and change. Thats a far cry from your 28k. If you paid that much for a deluxe then you got robbed.

hp2k5 said:

So you are going to take MSN's version over the manufacturers version?

Hey everyone, MSN says it is only $23K, go to your local dealership and tell them that because MSN says it is only $23k, you will not pay a penny more.

I bet you get at least a size 10 in your ass on your way out the door.

I am only going to say this once,

Get back on topic or go away.

tylers65 said:
So you are going to take MSN's version over the manufacturers version?

Hey everyone, MSN says it is only $23K, go to your local dealership and tell them that because MSN says it is only $23k, you will not pay a penny more.

I bet you get at least a size 10 in your ass on your way out the door.

I am only going to say this once,

Get back on topic or go away.

I see....

As for the 05 GT stock vs the 04 GT stock the 60 more horses should be more than enough to settle that discussion for the 1/4 and 0 to 60...

351CJ said:
If MM&FF has done a similar 1/4 mile test with an 05, I am unaware of it.

The bottom line is that given the same driver, track, weather conditions, both cars 100% bone stock, etc., etc., a manual 05 GT will be around 0.5 sec faster in the 1/4 than a 99 - 04 GT and an '05 Auto will be close to a second faster than a 99-04 Auto.

They ran a BONE STOCK automatic 05 gt at California speedway, on a 90 degress weather, they were able to run 3 times though, they said those were not their very best 3 passes because of the conditions, anyways, that car was BONE STOCK,they ran [email protected], [email protected] and their best [email protected]