04 Stang vs 06 wrx

Im with Derek(althought maybe the 06+ cars are stronger). I raced my friend with his 05sti from a 5mph roll to take the launch out of the equation and he couldnt pull on me period(And I didnt have the tune in that day either). Dead even up to 100 when we would let off twice. WIth sticky tires his AWD advantage becomes null.

And all the guys Ive met with turbo upgrade on stock block wrx's never last long.
So in true bolt on form a Mustang will take a subaru wrs/sti(4vers).
Putting a supercharger/ turbo on a stang vs. upgrading turbos's/computer etc on a suburu sti/wrx=Stang Ahead.
BTW I hate the way those things sound with exhaust, that is not music to anyones ears.

• Sponsors (?)

I am at the track two or three times a month and honestly I try
to be their when the locals and the most mustangs will be their.:nice: :nice:
I don't know what it is the people in the RWD cars can't launch or
they just seem to be quicker off the line.Sometimes I will see alot of
the stock suby cars get reeled in but,it all depends.I agree the Subaru's
are very expensive to mod.That and the fact that I honestly don't like
the people in the Subaru crowd is making me think twice about getting
a 06 STI. What was the best times you ever put down in your car Derek?
STANGNET= :nice:

Pennywise2 said:
I am at the track two or three times a month and honestly I try
to be their when the locals and the most mustangs will be their.:nice: :nice:
I don't know what it is the people in the RWD cars can't launch or
they just seem to be quicker off the line.Sometimes I will see alot of
the stock suby cars get reeled in but,it all depends.I agree the Subaru's
are very expensive to mod.That and the fact that I honestly don't like
the people in the Subaru crowd is making me think twice about getting
a 06 STI. What was the best times you ever put down in your car Derek?
STANGNET= :nice:
best times are in sig. 13.72 @ 101 w/ a 2.0 60'. mods were 4.10s, x pipe, K&N. stock suspension and balding Kuhmos. not sure if my diff was blown at the time or not. but i remember my buddy telling me only one wheel was spinning in the burnout box. i called him a liar, lol. now after a few mods, and after i build my rear and get new tires. im hoping for at least mid 13s.

ADRENLN said:
you better break you car in first.:D
The funny thing is that's what i told my friend ! he only has 1500km on his and he redlines it frequently and loves to dump his clutch ! :rlaugh: where as i have never hit readline but have only driven it sportely ! When would you guys say that i would be good to take it to the track ? milage wise !

DerekStangGT said:
best times are in sig. 13.72 @ 101 w/ a 2.0 60'. mods were 4.10s, x pipe, K&N. stock suspension and balding Kuhmos. not sure if my diff was blown at the time or not. but i remember my buddy telling me only one wheel was spinning in the burnout box. i called him a liar, lol. now after a few mods, and after i build my rear and get new tires. im hoping for at least mid 13s.
Nice times Derek and good driving.Great tires at the track make all
the difference.Balding Kuhmos don't help either lol.One wheel peel
is possible.

Pennywise2 said:
Actually the WRX's and STI's are highly underrated by everyone.
Most guys on the suby forums who have 06 WRX's are saying the
new set up "stock" will put down 250-255 whp and the new 2.5L
flat four engine is giving them an easy 30+ whp plus faster spool time.
The STI's really will put down 270-280 whp stock because they really take
advantage of the extra cubes of the new 2.5L engine.Houston GT the
new WRX's are very nice cars and are pretty fast stock.The Suby cars
you should seriously consider they are worth it if you got the bucks.Also
the WRX's and STI's responder better to mods than mustangs.I am thinking
about trading in my 04 WRX for a 06 STI but, I am not sure because I haven't
decided what I want to do with my mustang?
Im really sorry but :bs: :bs: :bs:
There is no way in hell a regular Subaru WRX puts down 250-255whp STOCK. Thats the biggest load of misinformation ive ever heard. So you're telling me that a stock WRX has about 300hp at the crank? Honestly, the thing weighs less than a GT and if it had a 300hp Turbo motor, it would be running freakin 13.0's flat and would hang with Evo's, which are competition for STi's. An STi might hit 255-260 stock, but no way will the regular Wrx do that. I've raced a silver one and a blue one, both bone stock 06's, and trust me, they didnt have 250-255whp at all...At least it didnt seem like it when i left them back with ease :shrug: . From a dig or roll, i'll lose to an STi but a regular STOCK WRX is no real contest...Once you start modding its a different story :( :D
Gotta really disagree with you. I mean they might be slightly underrated, but to market a car as having 230hp while giving it ~300hp like its older brother is just not gonna happen

Thanks for all of your input ! I'm gonna leave it till the end of summer hopefully by then i'll have atleast 3000 km on it then we'll go to the track and have it out ! :) then he'll know what a real car is all about :D

06 wrx are putting down 190 to the wheels STOCK. my best freind has one and is big into them. he just did the Stage2 Cobb tuner(basically a ****ty version of a SCT/Diablo), full exhaust, intake. my buddy's S1 SRT4 decimates him. the wrx will get a car on him, but the srt4 will reel him in by the end of 2nd and just fly by like hes standing still.

even when i ran him at the track, awd didnt help much. his 1.9 60ft vs my 2.2 60ft, and by the 1/8 i had already matched, and by the end i was already 2 cars. best he did that night was a 14.4@95mph to my 14.2@100mph. now he just bought the 20g upgrade, perrin Top Mount IC, some upgrade for his handheld tuner that lets him change all fuel and timing, 750cc injectors, 255 walbro. all of that, and i might do my rear end(31 spline, eaton posi, 3.90 gears) and ill still walk him.

though i like his exhaust. its really deep and nice at low rpm(its catless btw) and sounds really nice like any other boxter motor, but when he nails it, the ****er screams all sorts of insanity, just this agressive loud roar. its probably the best sounding 4banger ive ever heard, but still nothing compared to my spintechs dumped(alot mellower now with the roush side tips)

those cars are nice, but IMO arent as mod friendly as other turbo cars in the market(Evo, DSM's, Srt4, etc)

thomas91169 said:
. now he just bought the 20g upgrade, perrin Top Mount IC, some upgrade for his handheld tuner that lets him change all fuel and timing, 750cc injectors, 255 walbro. all of that, and i might do my rear end(31 spline, eaton posi, 3.90 gears) and ill still walk him.
dont get overly cocky. with a bigger turbo and supporting mods, those things can be very fast, granted the guy can drive and their "glass tranny" holds up. with those mods, that will be a mid-high 12 second car.

well we finally had at it ! from a roll we were dead even till 160(kmh) and i started to pull on him hard and he finally let off around 180 and i was atleast 1.5 cars ahead of him and from a dead stop i burnt through first and he jumped on me almost 2 lengths and by 200 i was almost a car length on him ! He was suprisingly a better driver than i thought and i need to practice my launching a little more but all in all it was a pretty good few races we had !:)

DerekStangGT said:
dont get overly cocky. with a bigger turbo and supporting mods, those things can be very fast, granted the guy can drive and their "glass tranny" holds up. with those mods, that will be a mid-high 12 second car.

oh i know hes now faster than me. but as far as 12 second faster? i wont hold my breath. ive still yet to see quite a many "12 second capible" cars actually do what their drivers boast at the track.

It depends on the dyno, but there is no way in hell that a stock wrx 06 or what can make 250whp stock. To get that kind of power you need to upgrade turbo. Stock STi's won't even get 250whp. They dyno between 215-235whp on Mustang dyno's. Before you start bitching saying they make way more then 235whp, I said Mustang dyno which reads "low" and on 91 octane. Btw the vf34 is from an older Japanese sti, the USDM sti comes with a vf39 which is relatively the same turbo.

Drag racing in a suby = retarded Unless your Mike & Mark from Gruppe-s who run low 11's high 10's in there Impreza's.