05 GT fuel system pressure. I've searched, please help.

Stangorama

Mar 14, 2007
Hi, I'm a newb, and I need some help. :shrug: I searched first, but didn't have any luck. Sorry if this has been covered, but I need an answer. Thanks

I've found some cheap 2005-up stock GT 24lb/hr injectors that I would like to use on a pre 05 GT that had 19lb/hr injectors. My question is: What is the stock fuel system pressure on the 05-up GT. Did it change from the 43.5 psi (3bar) System. If it did change, what is the fuel pressure now? (2005-up)

I need to know, so I can calculate what flow I can expect from the injectors I found. The part number on the injector is 4L8E-A4A. I'm hoping that the system pressure is still at 43.5 psi. Any help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

As far as if they are the same...I have no idea. But I would assume Ford rates them at a general pressure so everything remains even.

24s are not a very common upgrade. Your stock 19s are good until a little over 300RWHP. and I would recommend against 24# injectors in any supercharged engine. SOOO im assuming you have a head/camd N/A mustang GT?

331, Thanks for the input. Yes I'm aware of the HP requirements, I will have the mods to support. I'm putting the puzzle together, as I can, on a limited budget. I appreciate the concern.

Ford should rate the injector per application. Actual Injector flow numbers depend on fuel system pressure. Take a 99 Cobra injector for example. It is rated at 24lb/hr @ 43.5 psi. Take that same injector, increase the fuel system pressure to 49 psi, and assuming the same injector pulsewidth, it will flow around 29lb/hr. Drop the pressure, and the flow drops.

All I'm trying to find out here is: Did the fuel system pressure remain the same in the 05+ GT, or did it change?, If it did change, what did it change to? Once I know that, I can calculate what my flow will be with my fuel pressure requirements.

331 You're right, I stand corrected. I found out that injector volume ratings are based on a static flow test at a certain PSI. Can anyone tell me what PSI Ford rates their injectors at?

Also, can anyone confirm, that the 2005-up GT comes with 24lb Injectors stock?