'05+ wheels on a Fox

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, we just talked about this a few days ago, and I have to deal with it on my car.

2005+ 17X8 Bullit wheels have a +44mm offset.
2004- 17X8 Bullit wheels have a +30mm offset.

2005+ Bullit wheels are good for Fox bodies when you have 94-98 Mustang rear axles. The axles move the wheels out 3/4" (roughly 19mm) per side...so the 05 wheels will bring them back in 14mm. In the end, the wheels will still be out 5mm than a stock fox. (NOT MUCH) They are also good for fox bodies with Cobra IRS and 99-04 GT solid axles. They move the wheels out 1-1/2" on each side. Again the 2005+ wheels will bring em back in 14mm. I am gonna use 2005+ wheels on my 81 with the 01 axle. Or Pony R's with the +46mm offset...but those are 17X9's so they won't quite bring mine in the full 16mm.

Ok man looks like you've done your homework.....any chance you have any pics of the '94-98 rear axles and these wheels? My buddy is actually doing a 5 lug swap right now and has a set of aftermarket axles for a '94+ so that would work out great for him if it ends up sitting at the wheel well right.

I do not have pictures on the 94-98 set up. It gets tricky to explain. Foxes with fox wheels have a 22 or 24mm offset. (It's like 23.8mm to be exact) Well, you put the 94 axles in. That with the 1/4" you must add for the drum/rotor makes your wheel mounting surface pushed out 3/4". Now that you are 5 lug, you use 94-04 17X8 wheels which are 30mm offset. This means the wheel will sit in about 6-8mm more than if the stock fox wheel will sit. So basically, you moved the wheel out 3/4" (18-19mm) Then the wheel is gonna sit back about 1/4"-5/16" (6-8mm) The wheel is now pushed out about 11-12mm. Actually it might seem like more, because fox wheels are 16X7 and 94-04's are 17X8. That extra inch is not only added from the center line of the wheel to the back, but also from the centerline to the outer edge. It isn't much. I hope my long ramble doesn't confuse you man. I just went through every setup on my notch and this is what I have come up with.

That looks pretty good but they're too "flat" for my taste. The ones my buddy is looking at are the Bullitt style. They're also pretty flat but those rims are a little too plane for me.