Subframe differences... Scratch that... K-Member Koncerns

Put the timing chain cover on with no gasket, use some kind of marking compound on the end of the bolt to mark where the threaded hole needs to be, center pinch that beatch and you know the rest.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Put the timing chain cover on with no gasket, use some kind of marking compound on the end of the bolt to mark where the threaded hole needs to be, center pinch that beatch and you know the rest.
That is the plan, i just pulled the heads off and it looks pretty good for an engine thats been sitting for 15 years, a little rust on two cylinders but it doesnt even look like rust from the walls, maybe something that made its way through the intake, i ordered a flex hone, im going to hone it and measure it with my bore gauge and ill be deciding from there.

Reactions: 1 user
I’d just put the bellhousing on, bolt it down and call it a day. Those dowels are more for alignment but the bolts are providing the clamping force.
Yea i was just more worried on the way the metal looks, im not a metal guy by any means but it looks like concrete almost inside of it, but considering its a super budget deal nothing in it will be too terrible if it breaks so oh well. it will hopefully last long enough to snap a t5.