06 Mustang Window

abzz

Apr 27, 2011
hi i hope someone here can help me. i have a 2006 mustang GT. the door window on the driver's side is not working right. my windows are electric.when the window reaches to the top it comes back down again. i'm trying to determine if it's the motor or the retainer. can someone help please and tks .............

• Sponsors (?)

Try the window motor calibration procedure.

With key on hold button down and for two seconds after window goes down. Then roll up while holding button in up position for two seconds after window is up. This will re-calibrate them, if done correctly.

Try the window motor calibration procedure.

With key on hold button down and for two seconds after window goes down. Then roll up while holding button in up position for two seconds after window is up. This will re-calibrate them, if done correctly.

+1 most issues with express down/up features are calibration problem. The procedure is in the owners manual

window bounce back

You may find that the rubber weather strip seal is not installed right. Make sure it is pushed into its plastic holder properly all around the window. I don't really like these smart windows myself. Even if you tap the top of the widow as it is going up it will bounce back down.