06 Wheel Help

BadAzzMach1

Oct 4, 2005
CA, Modesto
Ok so my old man just got his 06 in today and he drove it straight to the wheel shop to get his new 18in mounted. Aparently they wont fit because you have to order it from the factory with 18's to get a front susp upgrade or they wont fit. He ordered it with the stock 17's so he could save the cash for aftermarkets.... Anyone know how to fix this? I guess the new offset is different on than the old...

• Sponsors (?)

BadAzzMach1 said:
Ok so my old man just got his 06 in today and he drove it straight to the wheel shop to get his new 18in mounted. Aparently they wont fit because you have to order it from the factory with 18's to get a front susp upgrade or they wont fit. He ordered it with the stock 17's so he could save the cash for aftermarkets.... Anyone know how to fix this? I guess the new offset is different on than the old...
the 05+ have a different offset than the previous stangs. there have been problems with some 18" wheels hitting the calipers. that was caused by improper offset. what would the suspension have to do with wheel diameter? 17 or 18 inch should not matter, as long as the style/offset of the wheels are correct. what are the specifics of the wheels he tried to put on? were they the deep dish bullets? those are known to have a problem....