08 Mustang- Is a Bullitt worth it?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah that's the one real mod I am thinking about. getting that GT500/Bullitt steering wheel. I just love the way it looks and feels.

That's one of the two things that bummed me out about the Shelby GT when they launched it. Steering wheel and wheels. (why didn't Shelby put their custom wide wheels on there!!!?)

And as for the ride, it's the perfect blend of streetable and trackable. Sure I ain't flying up there with M3s through the turns but I shock the unholy-pink-jebus out of most with what the car can do with it's Ford Racing sourced suspension. (at the track)

:bs:

Uhh.. my car is not "harsh" by any means.. It's a vast improvement over my '04 GT.. I would not call the SGT's ride "luxury," but man it handles great! :nice:

:bs: Dont think so the Bullitt is between the stock GT and the SGT and for me the SGT is harsh. Not to say I donot like the SGT but I like the Bullitt more. Just remember Harsh is in the butt of the driver YMMV.:nice:

:bs: Dont think so the Bullitt is between the stock GT and the SGT and for me the SGT is harsh. Not to say I donot like the SGT but I like the Bullitt more. Just remember Harsh is in the butt of the driver YMMV.:nice:
I agree with Jester. The SGT is HARSH! Fun but harsh. My Bullitt is in between the GT and SGT as far as ride goes. It is worth the extra money!:nice:

No one mentioned the different pulley. I read somewhere - motor trend I believe - that the bullit also has a different pulley, and that too contributes to the increase in HP over the stocker.
And how nice is the shelby 500 or bullit steering wheel?

Well, after 3 weeks and 3300 miles, I still love Bullitt.

23+ mpg, and it will do 110 in 3rd, 4th and 5th! It may be awhile until I get tracktimes.

This old guy finally figured out how to connect an mp3 player, too!

Also the smoothest, quietest and most comfortable car I have ever owned, since the 79 Capri was new to us!

Another fully satisfied Bullitt owner here, too. In the past, I have modded everything I owned to the extreme, This car will be staying bone stock. I wanted to buy a car that already had some tasteful things done to it, hence the Bullitt. I will be much more likely to keep this car stock since it is already unique:D

I am very happy with my Bullitt as well I will also be keeping it very close to stock. I will only be adding the things that I feel Ford missed like a dead petal SHR lower grill inserts and a spare tire:mad: . I am getting 23-24 MPG with some spirited driving on 87OCT. I currently have just under 700 miles on the car and have only used the shaker 1000 maybe 5 minutes total because I love the sound of my right foot.:nice: :flag: