13.68 w/ stock E7's, stock gears, and bad tranny

Bad92GT

The 5 Minute Plan Man
Jun 10, 2004
SC
Just got back from the track.. ran a damn 13.68@98 because A) you COULD NOT get into second under torque.. i dont care who you are there was no way in hell.. even a professional driver couldnt get it in for me.. B) has the damn stock gears.. bogged dropping it at 4k off the line.. C) Stock E7's.. not really ported but they are more or less port matched.. All in all its pretty good.. im going to just stick with the tranny as it shifts damn well around town.. getting a set of AFR's and putting my 3.55's in.. once i get the gears im sure i'll be in the 12s.. it has the power already.. im in damn 3rd at the light to lol

• Sponsors (?)

yes what are your mods mang, i'd love to know, 13.6 is damn good for stock heads, gearing, and such. tires? suspension? and other induction? congrats. i hope to do that well this season when i finally get my ass out to a track

thats pretty awesome man ..... heres basically what you have to look forward too ...

with stock e7's and 3.08 gears on street tires i went 13.56 @ 100

added 3.73 gears and went 13.11 at 101.9

then threw on some eldebrock performer heads and BAM 12.40's at 108

best of luck

well taking a look at the car today.. we did a burnout.. one wheel peel.. i have a cam, intake, TB, maf, injectors.. and msd ignition to be blunt.. Im sure this car can hit 12's like it is.. just like the other guy with stock E7's.. he ran 12.65.. car bogged off the line.. all i could get it down to with the slicks and bad trak lok was 2.09.. my dad hit 1.9 but that was the last time the trak lok was any good lol so its..

stock heads
Stock gears
bad tranny
bad trak lok

I feel a lil bit better about it all.. were probably throwing in a 31 spline with 3.55s..

TheChevyEater said:
well taking a look at the car today.. we did a burnout.. one wheel peel.. i have a cam, intake, TB, maf, injectors.. and msd ignition to be blunt.. Im sure this car can hit 12's like it is.. just like the other guy with stock E7's.. he ran 12.65.. car bogged off the line.. all i could get it down to with the slicks and bad trak lok was 2.09.. my dad hit 1.9 but that was the last time the trak lok was any good lol so its..

stock heads
Stock gears
bad tranny
bad trak lok

I feel a lil bit better about it all.. were probably throwing in a 31 spline with 3.55s..

what are your plans for the motor? because anything over stock injectors was really a waste of money with your stock heads and such.

not bad, with that mph your NOT getting into the 12's idk if some afr's are even gonna give you that much mph, stock to 3.73 gears only gave me 1mph. Either way times are good, just get that 60' down alittle and the mph up alittle and youll be happy

mob said:
not bad, with that mph your NOT getting into the 12's idk if some afr's are even gonna give you that much mph, stock to 3.73 gears only gave me 1mph. Either way times are good, just get that 60' down alittle and the mph up alittle and youll be happy

lol well the track here is a 1/8th mile.. theres a calc that translates for ya.. i never got out of second.. had to granny my way into second so i could.. and then i ran the car to 6k.. with it still pulling like a mother.. i bet you i can get into the 12's.. im not far off.. a set of control arms would do me good..

Euphoric306 said:
what are your plans for the motor? because anything over stock injectors was really a waste of money with your stock heads and such.

well i got em for free.. and didnt want to recal. the MAF meter.. so i have 24#'s... and i have a plan.. mustangjoe87 is helping me out with setting up a M90 on the car.. its gonna get boost or high compression.. either way i'll need em

pistonhead351 said:
sounds fishy, i guess id have to see that. ya said 2.09 for the 60 a couple posts ago. good job though

lol man im not bsing.. 2.09 is without a posi.. i ran a 13.68 1.9 with the posi still working.. the only time it worked.. that was the run that put the trak lok out of commision.. ran a 2.09 without it..

Define stock heads though... If they are port matched a lot of people wont call that stock. My car has E7s and are actually unported, but have larger valves in them. I had bone stock E7s with bolt ons and went 13.0 @ 103 with a 1.75 60'. Your going to need more mph to go 12s (minimum of 101-102) but if you had issues going into second, and get that fixed the mph might come up!

Not bad for the mods though, keep it up!