150 shot... best cam?

93tsiawd

Sep 9, 2010
South Jersey
Well Got the stang running real nice, and Im thinking 150 wet shot. just wanted to see if anyone has a good cam to make good power. the motor has gt-40 ported heads,70mm t/b gt-40 intake,normal bolt ons,and 1.6 rocker, 24lbs, 255 pump, forged pistons, and probly stock bottem end im not sure, just replaced all tune up stuff, sensors and did a driveway tune. 4.10 rear too, 5 speed mostly street got an f-cam in there now. Im looking at wet kits too if anyone has some sugestions..... Cheaper the better haha

• Sponsors (?)

My set up is pretty similar to yours except I am running 3.73 gears and a Trickflow intake manifold. I have a NOS brand wet kit and am spraying a 150 shot. The F cam loves it. As long as everything is in good shape - cam bearings, timing chain, lifters, push rods, valve springs, valve seats and you have good oil pressure at idle and high rpm's, leave the F cam in and don't waste the time or money.

You might want to go to a colder plug, Ill be running an Autolite AR473 here pretty soon. I recently put in a Dynotune nitrous window switch and that thing is pretty handy. It runs off of a tach signal and relies on the TPS for wide open throttle activation. An activation/deactivation window can be set based on rpm's in addition to being able to lock gears out.