160 Thermostat

Maybe yes...maybe no...thats above what I know :D

To be honest I didnt give the Tstat much thought...actualy thought a lower temp one was not a bad thing. I just let the people makeing the kits up do the R&D because they know way more than me. I do know twin screws also have more timeing advance than a turbo car would. There are lots of different things that can go wrong or blow things up I guess. Just gotta take that chance when you mod the car...gotta pay to play.

And as long as that band aide dont come off and take the hair with it...I dont care.:D :D

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry I didn't finish my post earlier. I was interrupted.

The second advantage to a hotter engine is that the fuel is more easily atomized, meaning it more easily maintains a vapor state rather than a series of droplets. Droplets are liquid and such liquid has two ill effects. One is that it does not burn as completely and secondly these droplets can serve to wash oil from the cylinder walls.

You DO NOT want extra heat in the intake tract so that the air can be more dense allowing additional fuel, but once it is in the cylinder you want enough heat for complete combustion and to maintain the fuel in a vapor state until it is burned.

Remember, an engine is a pump. The more fuel/air you pump in, the more HP you get out. That said, you want enough heat in the cylinders for the reasons that I explained and a cool fuel/air mixture in the intake tract so that you are pumping in more of it.

YardSpecial said:
So I was right, detonation is a HUGE problem running a roots style blower !!!!

Sounds like a band aide fix if you ask me.............

They made you a mod and you think whipple is a roots blower? hahaha

I think people are missing an important factor.. the therm start to OPEN at the temp of 180 or 160. Its not like the car will only run all day at 160 and never any higher. Even with the 180 many people are seeing temps of 200-210. These cars run hot as hell. Heat soak will make you lose allot of power. try running back to back dynos and see the numebers drop. I agree having cold air comming in is a big factor.. but unless your going to run Nawz or meth/water injection your not going to get much help witht he hot air from around the hot engine

NOLAGT= let us know the numbers your getting from the whipple.. I heard enough hype.. I want to SEE THAT SHEET! hahah

lostsoul said:

Does this help grasshopper ??

twin-screw type supercharger

Second

Mods VOLUTEER for the job, nobody makes me do anything except the military. With all the crap we get, no wonder nobody wants the job.

YardSpecial said:
lostsoul said:

Does this help grasshopper ??

twin-screw type supercharger

Second

Mods VOLUTEER for the job, nobody makes me do anything except the military. With all the crap we get, no wonder nobody wants the job.

haha.. agreed.. people give mods a hard time :rolleyes:

anthony05gt said:
To cool things down a bit try a bottle of water wetter.

Whipple instructions call for water wetter so its in both areas. Actualy its the royal purple brand...purple ice.

I am really trying to get one monday. I need to take off work in the middle of the day and go take a ride. I am wanting to see the #'s as well...and get to the track again.

Yeah, the less anti freeze the better. I'm coming up on 2 years next month. I'll be using a 60/40 mix and a bottle of Red Line water wetter. From what I've learned on their website I should get the average temperature down about 8-10 degrees. I already replaced the radiator with an all aluminum LFP model. I have no overheat problems, but man these suckers put off some heat under the hood.

anthony05gt said:
Yeah, the less anti freeze the better. I'm coming up on 2 years next month. I'll be using a 60/40 mix and a bottle of Red Line water wetter. From what I've learned on their website I should get the average temperature down about 8-10 degrees. I already replaced the radiator with an all aluminum LFP model. I have no overheat problems, but man these suckers put off some heat under the hood.

I have the steeda cowl hood...that helps A LOT!

How can you measure what kind of mix you have...is there something that can measure it after its in and mixed?

That is exactly what whipple calls for 60/40 with one bottle red line water wtetter.