17x10 or 18x9-9.5

gargol139

Nov 23, 2005
Mesa, Arizona
I am looking at some new rims, probably some black saleens, but anyway I really don't know what size to go with, Is wider better? Is there gonna be that much more traction with one more inch of wheel? What size wheels are everyone else using?

• Sponsors (?)

wider is better, but to let u know, wider is alot more expensive to replace. my buddy at work had 17x9 and 10.5's on the rear and the 10.5 he said where a pain in the ass to replace cuz of the limited selection and price. if thats true im not sure, i havnt looked into it. heres a pic of my 18x9's. id also stay with same size rims so u can rotate them unless u going s/c or more hp.

get the black saleen replicas. 18x9 front and 18x10's in the rear. any rim you get, go wide in back, 10 or 10.5" so you can put some wide tires on it for that beefy look. It'll look badass :nice: ....you do have to consider the fact that you cant rotate the tires tho...

I got 295's in the rear on my 18x10 saleen replicas.

Shiny.jpg

499716_122_full.jpg

Attachments

• Shiny.jpg
    Shiny.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 853
you know I wondered the same thing and finally just emailed MMsports & Steeda to see if i should stay with 17's or get 18's for the best handling.

MMsports: I always suggest using a 17" wheel because of the tires. There is a greater selection in tires for those wheels than the 18" wheels and we have not noted any measurable handling difference between the 2 wheels. Wider tires help in handling to an extent, but there are many more components on the car in the rear suspension that will help in cornering other than tires

Steeda: Go for the 18x9 UL1 or 18x9.5 UL2 wheel and a 285/35/18 at all four corners as that will allow the most traction and rotational capability.

:shrug: I ended up doin the deep dish 17's and gettin 285's on the rear. slightly cheaper route and will last longer than 315's (only because it's DD or else i'd have 315s!).

dsc00703.jpg

dsc00708.jpg