1975 Carb problem---question

eaglecap

Jul 31, 2000
I just finished a total rebuild on my V6 and am having problems getting the carb adjusted correctly. Runs a little rough so you have to crank up the idle to about 900. Had a shop put it on a scope and do their thing. The mechanic told me the throttle plates were not closing all the way, and I would have to tear the carb down and figure out why. I just rebuilt the carb and every thing looked good and adjusted OK off the engine. But they are slightly open now. Anyone run into this problem?

• Sponsors (?)

eaglecap said:
I just finished a total rebuild on my V6 and am having problems getting the carb adjusted correctly. Runs a little rough so you have to crank up the idle to about 900. Had a shop put it on a scope and do their thing. The mechanic told me the throttle plates were not closing all the way, and I would have to tear the carb down and figure out why. I just rebuilt the carb and every thing looked good and adjusted OK off the engine. But they are slightly open now. Anyone run into this problem?

hi, i have but with my camaro, not the stang. the problem was the choke flap. the choke flap or the body of the carb warped somehow and the choke flap was not free when it got to the closing. it was sticking and keeping the throttle body opened wider than supposed to. took off the flap and sanded the flap down, then rescrewed the flap back on. perfect now.