Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Well if there was a surge at the gauge,..that "surge" occurred at two seperate gauge taps,....
The boost gauge that is in Winkin, and the Map sensor that is in the ECU both saw 8 pounds of boost.
I dunno how you have everything run so I couldn't tell you if it were still relevant. I also do not recall (when I had a similar problem) if it effected more than just the gauge. The idea behind the orifice has to do with "bouncing" the diaphragm in the sensors or "pinging" them. For my setup, it was a result of how quickly by by-pass valve closed.

It's Sunday, the day after our annual Christmas party. It's cold, and raining outside, and I got nothing to work on the car with (i.e no cat,... no -8 180 degree fitting,.....) and,...did I mention that it's raining?

I could put the thing up on jack stands, and cut the exhaust in anticipation of getting that cat from Summit tomorrow (Which I absolutely should, but w/ Christmas, that could be who knows when). I have a tune to try from Steve in the mean time, and it's not supposed to be raining tomorrow, so it's gonna sit today.

Reactions: 1 user
I said it was cold here. What you have is not cold.

You have a reason to move.

Seriously,...look around you. People don't "work" in -10. They're miserable.

Save yourself the misery, and move to the south.

My wife and I are discussing buying a cabin in Montana 20 miles from any people to spend summers in when I retire.. Somewhere with no humidity. And when fall comes, we can lock it all up and drain the water pipes, and fly south for the winter back to the homestead here.

Reactions: 4 users
My wife and I are discussing buying a cabin in Montana 20 miles from any people to spend summers in when I retire.. Somewhere with no humidity. And when fall comes, we can lock it all up and drain the water pipes, and fly south for the winter back to the homestead here.
I am so envious. The humidity does to people here what the cold does to people there.

It fcks them up.

My hands look old. Knuckles have had to be replaced, fingers are starting to bend,.shoulders hurt,.... and then there's the knees. Everything hurts........ every, single, day.

When we went to Spain 2 years ago,.the "lack of humidity thing" became immediately apparent a HUGE benefit.

Nothing hurt. for the entire two weeks that we were there I was able to function w/o pain meds. We walked dozens of miles during the time spent there. The bottom line is that I was able to.

I keep telling Kate that the humidity is the problem here,...the fact that it rarely gets below zero here is offset by that fact.

Problem is Kate wants to retire even closer to the problem,..I want to move away from it. (Who's gonna win that one I wonder?)

Reactions: 4 users
Go figure,....The wife tells me that I got a box from Summit yesterday.

She also informed me that I wasn't going to the garage today.

No worries. I didn't want to go down there anyway.

But that does mean that I'll start straight away on the cat converter install tomorrow.

Reactions: 5 users
I said it was cold here. What you have is not cold.

You have a reason to move.

Seriously,...look around you. People don't "work" in -10. They're miserable.

Save yourself the misery, and move to the south.

I would gladly move, but my wife doesnt want to. We are pretty well set here in her eyes, but in mine, we could be anywhere else too. Both of us chose careers that are in demand almost anywhere. Now that we have kiddos though, I highly doubt we will relocate.

Florida SUUUUUCKS!!!

Flat scrub brushy terrain (because that's the only thing that'll grow in the sand) dotted w/ a million lakes, ponds, and swamps...
(Because Florida is not that far from actually being "under water" as it is) All Florida has going for it is:
The beach, the beach, the beach.........that is the ONLY attraction...

Hmmmmmmm:thinking: "Where can you go where you get to lay in the sun all day,...get the pi ss burned out of you as a direct result,...get all gritty, and sandy ( in places that don't like being gritty, and sandy) . Then as a break from all of that grit, go into the SALT water, (the only water where you actually feel stickier coming out of than when you went in) Daring something that you can't see to either bite, sting, or eat you".

Give me Mountains,......fresh air, no humidity, and ever changing scenery.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm with you! Been looking at properties in northern Wisconsin. Probably a year or three away from actually buying and then spending 6 months there and 6 months in the south(I like Texas-girlfriend likes Florida). I shall see...still would have to find a part time job to make it work(keep busy etc).

Florida SUUUUUCKS!!!

Flat scrub brushy terrain (because that's the only thing that'll grow in the sand) dotted w/ a million lakes, ponds, and swamps...
(Because Florida is not that far from actually being "under water" as it is) All Florida has going for it is:

Hmmmmmmm:thinking: "Where can you go where you get to lay in the sun all day,...get the pi ss burned out of you as a direct result,...get all gritty, and sandy ( in places that don't like being gritty, and sandy) . Then as a break from all of that grit, go into the SALT water, (the only water where you actually feel stickier coming out of than when you went in) Daring something that you can't see to either bite, sting, or eat you".

You made me start humming the Green Acres theme tune with that post mike.

Reactions: 2 users
Awh come on, it's not that bad down here,
maybe
Kinda
well there's always shopping
wait, that sucks to unless your a chic
I know, driving your car year round
no wait, traffic sucks, unless your a cop, then it really sucks
No snow, thats it no snow, although it is kinda perdy,
I got noth'n, somebody help me out here I'm failing miserably

Florida SUUUUUCKS!!!

I'm with ya. If we were to move, it would be somewhere outside of Denver, or down in Tennessee. We would have to be close to a metropolitan area, as my wife is not the "live in the middle of nowhere" type, but outside of said metropolitan area for me to keep my sanity. Funny thing is, growing up in and around Dallas, I never used to mind the people, traffic, crime, etc. It was normal life. Since being in IA from 2000 til now, I have grown an intolerance for all of those things I used to not mind. You put me in a Los Angeles gridlock situation, and I would probably need admitted to a hospital from giving myself a heart attack from anger/frustration. Now that being said, I do actually enjoy the beach, just like to keep it as my vacation enjoyment.

After 49 years in North Jersey and two winter's in a row that I had to have surgery due to slip and falls on :poo: ass ice, I'm outta here in five years when the mortgage gets paid off. Got a couple of nephew's in North Carolina and one in Myrtle Beach South Carolina.I'm headed to the beach you can have the mountains. :rlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.