Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

You look like a mad scientist with that on lol. Going to have to change your name...madscientistmike1157 lol

The only thing I'll cop to is that I look like an idiot wearing that thing.

But it'll do what I want it to do,....Hopefully it'll give the same perspective that being in the car will. I'm hoping that it'll also capture stuff like what I saw the last time I drove it.
The guy one block down the street was working in his yard, and he owns two Vettes, and a Harley. He was raking leaves, but when he saw that car coming down the street he stopped dead in his tracks to check it out. I waved at him when I went by. When I brought it back home 10 minutes later, he literally dropped the rake and leaned forward when I came by to try and figure out what the hell he was looking at.
It was like he was seeing a giant terrible lizard that would someday terrorize the neighborhood.....Almost like from some sort of movie straight out of the 50's.

Like...........this one.

Reactions: 5 users
Mike I took your concerns and turned them into a new tune for you. I adjusted your WUE and your AE and redid the timing table so its not so dramatic.... I brought the timing in much smoother this time.

Please try this tune and get me a datalog sir. the car will stutter if its too fat as well...

Attachments

• Mikes new tune with timing and AE changes.msq
    119.2 KB · Views: 178
Reactions: 1 user
Mike, I've considered pulling the turbo off my car and throwing it as far as I can more times that I can count.. but with all of the work I've put into it I just can't bring myself to do it. You've done way more to your car to turbo it, as pointed out. It'd be pointless to not utilize those modifications now. I say go for it..

I'll add this- I've seriously considered selling my MS set up and going to something easier. Added expense, yes.. but I've had multiple people mess with it and it ain't there yet. Now, I'm pretty sure I have a blown head gasket. If that's all it is, maybe I'll give MS one more try.. but I guarantee that's all it's getting.
Maybe the people you have had look at it don't really know what the car needs?? every engine is different. If I remember correctly when I looked at the tune it was only 50% built..... most of the table for drivability had no values....

DONT MEAN TO HIJACK THE THREAD

pm me or just call I believe you have my number? I'm sure we can get it sorted out. Its not as difficult as it looks.

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe the people you have had look at it don't really know what the car needs?? every engine is different. If I remember correctly when I looked at the tune it was only 50% built..... most of the table for drivability had no values....

DONT MEAN TO HIJACK THE THREAD

pm me or just call I believe you have my number? I'm sure we can get it sorted out. Its not as difficult as it looks.

I will. Gotta repair damage first.

Ok then,...You don't want to watch that video.

We'll try that again here in an hour or two.

I just don't know how much more I could've done wrong...

Couldn't get a datalog going.
Forgot to calibrate the speedo (even though in the vid I said I was going to)
FORGOT to turn on the water recirculation in the A2W I/C.....I should've known better.

The thing is making boost,...4 pounds the first time (When the water in the I/C was probably still relatively cool)
The second and third times, I'm sure that it was quite roasty.

I won't forget that next time.

The Camera is seeing everything I see, but it's too narrow at it's widest angle. In other words, All you see is what I'm looking at directly, and most of the time it's the road.

I forget that you're with me. there are pauses,...long pauses. Followed by me cussing for one reason or another.

I gotta figure out the procedure to start a datalog, and get that down, I'm gonna go check the plugs, specifically #5, and see if it's oily..(It just cant be,..the damn thing runs too good.)

Then in an hour or so,..we'll try this again.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm not home but it should be in the options menu- top left. Click start logging....choose file or change name in file name box...select it. Look for green data logging box below TS dashboard. Wallah !!! I think....

To stop logging I go into the same options menu and select stop.

There's an easier way but I haven't used that way yet. Ya know me.... Mr Complicated.lol

I'm not home but it should be in the options menu- top left. Click start logging....choose file or change name in file name box...select it. Look for green data logging box below TS dashboard. Wallah !!! I think....

To stop logging I go into the same options menu and select stop.

There's an easier way but I haven't used that way yet. Ya know me.... Mr Complicated.lol
It's........ Viola (it's a french thing)

Ok,.....Mission accomplished!

More dead pan commentary.....while I drive around in the winter time in the south.

What fun!!

We also have a complete 13 minute long datalog.

The thing sees 4 pounds one time, and then 8 pounds of boost the time right behind that. Thinking right off the top of my head,..I got a wastegate (1 of 2) that isn't playing nice with the other one. This is a twin scroll turbo,...I am guessing that the gates work independently of each other depending on.................what exactly?

The gates are chinee.,....as is the BOV. The BOV is working,...I can hear it,...but the erratic boost thing has me scratching my head.. Why worky one time, then not worky the next? Weird that they show 4 pounds on a 5 pound spring, and coincidently, 8 pounds when they aren't working properly. Spoke with the turbo supplier and he told me that the WG's (at least one of them) are definitely the issue.
I don't mind that though,.....as long as I'm not chasing my tail trying to find some obscure assed thing,...I'll remove the gates and bench test them to see which one of them btches is staying closed.

Attachments

• 2016-12-12_13.42.10.msl
    3.7 MB · Views: 193
Reactions: 6 users
That was sweet that's a coolest Ride Along I think I've ever taken. I'll pour through your data log for you it looks like when you transition between gears you have a bit of a surge on the engine that's going to be difficult for me to tune out from Florida but I'll give it a shot. When you were in boost and you had an air fuel ratio of 13 that's very dangerous that was probably your rattle enboost want to see something like 12 or 11.8

WHUT IS THAT THANG' - lol I am sooo glad you do video updates now.
The Monster sounds Happy mike, won't be to long until the bugs are gone. My only guess for your boost issue would be bov.. but you already know that :confused:

New tune mike, you were super rich in boost like 8.5 rich. at least that's what the datalog says.
soooo I fixed it. by the way thanks for the donating to the Steve helps me out fund.

Attachments

• MIke tune after ve analyze.msq
    119.2 KB · Views: 112
Status
Not open for further replies.