Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I have the Mini,....It's surprisingly fast, and fun to drive, so the "itch" for a factory late model muscle car never really rears it's head.
Granted it's half the power of a current 5.0 Mustang, but I have the Monster when I want to feel that type of acceleration.

But,I do like the Challenger,..If I was to decide to buy/lease some 400 hp car when the Mini's time is up, it'd be a Challenger.

I reallllyyy like what they do when they do a special run..
like the Yellow Jacket they did in 2012
640x350m.jpg

Leave it to Chrysler to come up with the coolest car names...
The scuttlebut at the dealership is they will resurrect the Barracuda name in 2019-2020.

I had a Subaru WRX and that was AWD bliss. Except I had to drive to Little Rock a lot. 2.5-3 hr drive. That seat was super comfy for about 1 hour, then it made my butt hurt and my legs fall asleep. I finally realized the typical Japanese behind is much smaller than mine. I got rid of it, but I should have just had a shop redo the seat bottom. That car was solid as a rock and there was nothing as fun as getting into a 4 wheel drift around a corner. I miss it, but I am not a small car guy. My coworker has a 2012 Mustang and I drove it the other day and was thinking how low the roof is and how narrow it is. That's why I would go Challenger too.

The scuttlebut at the dealership is they will resurrect the Barracuda name in 2019-2020.
I always thought the Barracuda was cooler ofthe two versions back in the day, but looking back at it now, the 'Cuda has more of a "redneck" looking vibe than the longer Challenger. I'll admit, that I always thought them both exactly the same, but the Challenger was longer in WB, and overall length,..While the Cuda was more stumpy looking, lighter, less well optioned, and commensurately cheaper to buy than the Challenger.

From what I've read, I know that if Dodge brings the Barracuda back to life in 19, it'll be a model that I'll ignore,.they are bringing it back in convertible form only so as not to compete w/ Challenger......

No! said the MF'n finger..:nono:

Reactions: 1 users
Well I'm back in countdown mode.....One month from today,..I'm having both knees replaced at the same time. I was gonna do this back in November of last year, but hadn't been at work long enough to qualify for any short term disability benefits, so we postponed. The wife thinks I'm crazy for doing both knees at once but the doc says that it's done routinely, and tells me that I the right candidate for this procedure. (Otherwise healthy, not overweight) Kate thinks I should do one in the spring, and get the other done in the fall of 18.....but....
I know me.....If this hurts like I think it's gonna hurt, and I do only one at a time......I'll wait until the other one turns to dust before I have it done again.

Best to just bite the bullet,...take the time off (6-8 weeks)..and get it done.

But I'm still scared.

The procedure is called a bilateral knee replacement. From what I can tell, the entire bone structure is cut/ground? away from your thigh bone, (femur) and your shin bone,(tibia)...Then they put this Titanium Robocop looking junk in there that's held in place by two built in posts that they must have to drill into the bones to act as a receiver to locate the damn things.

I asked the doctor what was the potential recovery time and he said that that depended entirely on me. How hard was I willing to push myself in rehab would be the tell tale..

Again,...I know me. I'm a pain :taco:,...and I don't tolerate narcotic pain meds at all...(that's why I'll never be an addict,...All of that junk.....oxycodone, oxycontin, loritab, percocet, whatever the hell,..all make me nauseous, or full on sick.)

It also causes body functions that work normally to stop working.... so,........No said the finger to that sht.

All I know is that I'm tired of not being normal anymore...I'm tired of not being able to sit at a table w/ my legs bent for more than 30 minutes w/o one leg or the other screaming bloody hell at me. I know that if I don't suck it up, and push through this rehab, I'll come out of it w/ some degree of limited mobility, or the time to full recovery will be even longer.

And at 8 weeks,......I'll go batsht crazy sitting around here. Not really being able to do anything except watch TV, or haunt this place...

My goal is to be back at some limited degree of work (if it doesn't hinder my recovery) w/i 6 weeks at most..I really don't do much more that sit and wait till a cust buys a car, and then I go over the operation of that vehicle, and the technology while sitting in the passenger seat....but getting to that car, and getting in/out of said car may be the problem. I guess we'll see.

I always work myself into a tizzy w/ something like this looming on the horizon though...I'll apologize in advance for my eroding mental state....

Reactions: 4 users
Your gonna get 'em done. Your gonna feel the pain. And your gonna likely take a pill once in a while because, well it just hurts. From what little I know of you you'll get through this in your 6 week time frame and be dancing around the gila garage with your pretentious hat on with the ljk screeming at maximum amp capacity.
Oh, and keep the beer handy, it don't tighten you up like oxy's do.

Reactions: 1 user
I know a couple of people that had the surgery. My stepdad(was in his late 50s when he had 1 knee done), my grandmother had both knees done(she was in her mid 70s), and a co-worker, I believe, had 1 done(he was in his mid 40s). All of them said the recovery/rehab was the worst part of it. The most important thing is to keep those new knees moving as often as possible and to get your full range of motion back asap. But when its all said and done everybody said they felt like they were young again by the knees.

With you not being able to or even want to take pain meds your experience may be a little more mentally challenging. My stepdad doesn't like taking pain meds either so his experience was slightly more challenging than the others but not too bad. According to my mom he was just lazy when it came to keeping his legs moving to improve/maintain his range of motion.

I'll be praying for your sanity and speedy recovery, Mike. Oh, and of course for a successful surgery.

Reactions: 1 users
I've never been one to take the pain meds. Fortunately the two surgeries I had left me with very little pain at all, so I flushed the oxys. I don't want to take that :poo:.

My knee surgery was minor, but the rehab is the killer. They want you up and moving no matter how painful.

Good luck. I can picture how you must feel. Both my knees are sketchy and I imagine they might have issues in 15-20 years. Part of me debates a hydraulic clutch conversion now to go easy on my left.

I've never been one to take the pain meds. Fortunately the two surgeries I had left me with very little pain at all, so I flushed the oxys. I don't want to take that :poo:.

My knee surgery was minor, but the rehab is the killer. They want you up and moving no matter how painful.

Good luck. I can picture how you must feel. Both my knees are sketchy and I imagine they might have issues in 15-20 years. Part of me debates a hydraulic clutch conversion now to go easy on my left.
You can get hydraulic knees?:jester:

Reactions: 2 users
My mom had carpel tunnel surgery in 69 or 70 while my dad was the USAF. She was having surgery on her left wrist and woke up with the right one in a cast! UH OH. At least by having both done, they can't do the wrong one!!! My oldest brother was 65 when he had one knee done. He was up and walking within a day of surgery. He said it was very painful, but not horrific. The problem was when about a month later had a fever and they thought it was infected. They did exploratory on it and told him he might wake up without a knee. If it was infected they had to remove it and then let the infection go away before putting a 2nd implant in! Luckily it was NOT infected!!

Well Mike, for what it's worth, everyone I know who's had that surgery says they should have done it years ago... and feel like they've gotten their life back. The recovery time is actually shorter than other procedures on the knee as well. You'll be happy with the results once you're healed up. Congratulations on finally getting it done, bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.