Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Recovery sucks after operations Mike. I didn't have any replacement parts installed other than some mesh for some really screwed up diaphragms. Couple odds and ends removed that were a little "damaged". Mine sounds easy by comparison. I just thought my insides were at any moment going to fall out.

As long as your knees don't fall out, I have hope for you.

Too bad it sucks right now though, i'll be glad for you when it you don't noticed that you just tied your own shoes.

My cousin Mark was an Olympic representative for New Zealand Basket ball. His wife in American.

David, my natural Dad, was 57 years old in 2003, and he and the then 27 year old Mark had an impromtue 45 minute run around Logan Park.

Mark comes back and tells his old man....Uncle Dave....he's a f-n fast for an olg Bu99er....

Dave was complaining that his knees were starting to creek again...LOL....

No-one recomends marathons on new knees.

I recomend four Hi Toqure DeWalt drill motors linked to your walker...to keep you occupied for the healing.

Good fortune.

c58a2f3df70c3131e95c269513d6d505.jpg

You are welcome. :nice:

Reactions: 6 users
Well I'm there.

I'm currently fighting with withdrawal symptoms as a result of my decision to come off of the opioid pain killer. When you've been taking these things for 15 days, you think that there's no way that you're addicted, and it's only a matter of deciding to convert to a standard OTC painkiller like ibuprofen, or Tylenol.

So, you do it.

And spend the next twelve hours achy, irritated, unable to sleep, and highly anxious.

That was me yesterday.

All you have to do is struggle through this day or so to get the med out of your system, and hope you don't suffer the second part of the withdrawal,..nausea, vomiting, diarrhea,..and you're golden.

Except the part that Tylenol isn't quite up to the task of covering the pain.

I've got to do this,..I've got to get moving, I cannot stand all of the laying around. So,..ill say this, about that.......

I'm gonna go downstairs to day and drain the monsters tank. I've gotta get #2 to take me to the auto parts store so I can buy 10-12 feet of 3/8" fuel line, and I'm gonna dump that fuel directly into his tank. I'm gonna take a -6 hose end, and screw it onto the fuel pump outlet, then rig a 12v wire to the pump and use the existing fuel pump to drain the tank.

That means I gotta figure a way to get to the ground. I can't get on my knees.
Once on the ground, I can use a creeper to roll around. But it'll be a challenge.
I figure I'll lower myself from a seated position to the floor, and take that from there...again, all part of a grand plan that may fizzle just as quickly as I start to attempt it.

But I gotta try.

Reactions: 3 users
I have the solution. Get some a lawn chair and whack the legs off. Strap it to your cherry picker. Have number 2 or even a homeless dude for that matter, lower you to the floor and lift you back up. Problem solved and you already have the necessary equipment!!

Well I'm there.

I'm currently fighting with withdrawal symptoms as a result of my decision to come off of the opioid pain killer. When you've been taking these things for 15 days, you think that there's no way that you're addicted, and it's only a matter of deciding to convert to a standard OTC painkiller like ibuprofen, or Tylenol.

But I gotta try.

The sugar we eat day to day is just as addictive. My ex when we tried to do the atkins diet one time, had nightmares about her mom spanking her for eating cookies out of the cookie jar. After 3 days she thought she had the flu! She quit that diet real quick!

However you do it, don't over do it! You don't want to be back in a hospital bed!

Mike....press the button on that little necklace around your neck...help will be there momentarily....

Hope its all working out for you today. Getting down is the easy part....its the getting up that's the challenge.

Reactions: 1 user
Well I smell like something I haven't smelled like in a couple of months.......

Gas.

I was able to do what I had set out to do, and more. I found a low enough stool to press myself off of, and lower myself to the ground. Once on the ground, I was able to reverse that to get back up on my feet.

But, nonetheless, it took for freakin ever.
20170824_183431_zps1ctslsip.jpg

This is the cover plate that I made last year to gain access to the tank for whatever reason I deemed it necessary. I'm gonna enlarge this hole so that it'll match the cover plate that's gonna be on top of the tank so that I'll never have to drop this btch again, and it'll all be servicible from the top.

20170917_114734_zpswc77mit1.jpg

Here's me an #2 force feedin the wife's Venza 15 gallons of "Way more than what that car will ever need"....took about 5, maybe 7 minutes.....clearly, while its cool, that pump is more than capable of moving some gas.

Once done with that, I figure what the hell,...my knees are stiff as boards already, may as well push forward....I dropped the tank.

20170917_125435_zpsroeynyp7.jpg

Here is the ugly little bastard, with the previous hacked together cover plate removed. The new hole will be bigger than this, but will have a welded base that will be drilled and tapped to allow for an 1/8" thick cover plate made out of aluminum. In this pic, I've flushed it w/ water, and gave the inside a quick washout w/ royal purple HD cleaner.....tomorrow, I'll go to the metal supermarket ( yes, that's it's real name) and get my steel/ aluminum to put this thing back together again.

I'm sitting in the chair now,..showered, and now ice packed...Man, I needed that!

Reactions: 7 users
Wow...you are a monster, Mike. I can see you now...lumbering around that car on your Frankenstein knees...

Good job as always. Hope that, if anything happens to me, my boys will help me get out to do the things I love. :nice:

Reactions: 1 users
Therapy today,...leaves me hurting enough to really put a big check mark in the " Do not work on the car today" column.

Before though,...I went down there and wired the 220v circuit to put my welder back in action.
That's done at least.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna do it...I'm gonna get in the mini,........and drive:eek:.

It doesn't hurt me to sit, and my ability to use my feet and move between the pedals is absolutely business as usual....it's just the walking part that sucks.

I'll go to the metal supermarket, and get the metal I need to seal the gas tank, and build the cover plate for the trunk floor. Herein lies the dilemma, and the reason for editing my thread title tonight.

Maybe, you'll chime in, and offer an opinion.

The tank itself.....I'm gonna weld that plate on top, and make it a permanent solution.
If I use a .040-.060 piece of galvanized steel, it'll cut easily enough, but it'll leave a weld that'll rust, and have all of that white cob-webby residue that comes as a result. But the upside is that it'll be quick, the weld should never see wet gas ( it'll be on top of the tank) and potentially......sealed.

If I do like I originally planned, I can weld a mild steel perimeter frame around the hole, then cover that frame w/ a plate that could be galvanized, or aluminum. Then I could drill and tap through the plate, and screw it down, using grey gasket goop as a sealant.

Right now,..I'm leaning heavily towards just welding the tank permantly,..sticking my hand in the 3.25" hole w/ a small wire brush, and scrubbing that white crap off of the underside of the weld and just letting that dog eat..

Thoughts.?

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.