Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn that looks good! Your work turned out better than i was imagining as you described what you're going to do, while looking thru decades of what happened on the bottom of the earth!

No offense, @xecute! You might have to add pictures of the Monster induction to your bookmarked list in case 10 years from now, some nut on a car forum wants to make a ITB intake for some off the wall in line engine.

@CarMichael Angelo I, too, vote clear box of some sort. You can't cover that :poo: up and you don't want to dick around with putting on and taking off 6 air filters before and after a show.

• Sponsors (?)

Today's theme music:

That's what I did today,...I bounced around.
IMAG0016.jpg

Before I can go any further with both the intake, and the exhaust...i gotta put the engine back in to check fitment.

One of the biggest obstacles is gonna be that Cobra R booster. So,..i fixed that hole that used to be under that piece of sheet metal.

It's all painted, but the paint can decided that it was gonna phck me, and clogged. That led to me being covered in paint trying to get it unclogged, and after forcing brake clean through the nozzle, which also meant I was covered in that too, all I had time left to do was spray it, and run to work.

I'll check how it looks this afternoon when I go home for lunch.

Reactions: 1 users
Phishing the Night away
Phishing the Night away.....

It's a thought...The whole plexi thing is more likely to not happen than otherwise. I'd rather cover the thing w/ a box that I can remove the lid off of, than to try and come up w/ some 70's looking clear box.

Mo' finger brotha!

:nono:

Less Cowbell

less-cowbell-more-shirt-walken.jpg

Mikes not supposed to be baby sitting 500 Princess Drools.

It is kind like putting all your Patriot Missles under the deck, but hey, if showing it is like a plastic Distributor cap

5188MH%2BIX2L._SL1000_.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSBS-s0XxkQ

and other 70's bling, it is what it is.

I'm guessing 1962 Ferrari GTO...

Or maybee one of Bristols BMW engined 450's might have had plexiglass covers over the triple Duece Solexs.

bristol_450_1953.jpg

I know some of those BMW 328 engined cars like AC Ace's and some of the Le Mans racers had wicked High mount, upturned exhausts with wierd pipes going all over the show.

AC_bristol_BMW_328engine_1958.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Well,...that's gonna work.

I'll spare you a pic of my painted patch...suffice it to say, that my days of obsessing over parts of my engine compartment that will more than likely be hidden from view are over. You'll never see that painted patch under that gigantor brake booster,...and the part that can be seen looks good enough for a street car.

Besides,....with what I'll have going on with the engine,...I doubt that any focus will be diverted to the patch under the brake booster.

So then.....gotta work till 7:30...wife's at a company dinner that may or may not last till 10.

The issue at hand is what will I want to do when I get home tonight?

Will I:

Go down, and remove the old recip assembly, swing the empty short block into place, bolt it in the engine bay,..place the head on the block, and call it a night.

Go down, and remove the recip assembly, and call it a night.

Go down, and look at the engine,...and call it a night.

Think about it, then pour myself a Jameson, sit in my 20 year old $4000.00 chair, and call it a night.

Who wants to bet?

Option 1 while drinking the Jameson! My 85 has one of those gigantor boosters. It has awesome brakes. The PO took a torch and a sledge and you have to really want to look down in there to see it, so I think your patch/paint will pass the muster!

Mike, I have some experience in this area that may help you out.

I ALWAYS drink prior, during and after any work performed on my car.

There, you know what you need to do.....

So then...three gamblers then? That's all?:shrug:

All I'm saying is that somebodies missing out on an opportunity to make money off of the stuff I do, or don't do.
Of the four scenarios from hours worth of work, to doing nothing and sitting on my ass...you'd think somebody could've set up odds as to which way I'd go with this..

But for the three gamblers....the odds would've probably not gone in your favor......it seems that you all know me anyway.

I removed the pistons...Again...... a real weird bunch of circumstances that make deciding to take the rods back out and swap them out almost......"fortuitous"

Several of the rod bearing had embedded dirt in them...Two of them significantly gouged after only turning the crank a few rotations by hand. And this is a new development. This time around, there was junk in the reassembly and the rod bearings,
(that were clean and un-marred) are now crap.

I still couldn't be happier with the decision to change out the rods though....look at the difference.
IMAG0021_zps8tm9ywle.jpg

You can literally see that one is coarse, porous, and sloppy, while the other is smooth, tight, and sharp. And this is still a stock rod.

As for the rest of the objectives......Yeah,...I did all of it.
IMAG0017_zpsiok3kvln.jpg

IMAG0018_zpsk8pruhtt.jpg

There were casualties....The fuel rail hits the booster.:nonono:
The header tube is touching the K member...Not enough to cause a fitment problem,..but it's contacting it nonetheless.
Because of the impossible camera angle, I had to use the cat to get the shot...
IMAG0001_zpsg4zqcfzw.jpg

* Damn cat...can't get his picture to upload....probably did something wrong..

Anyway,....I've gotta big issue with the fuel rail. About the only option I have is to abandon the integral fuel rail bosses that are built into the throttle bodies, and weld in some steel bungs at a different angle underneath. That'll more than likely mean that I'll be spraying the injector upwards at the port roof...

I was so hoping that I wouldn't have to do this... The rail probably stands about a half inch too tall,...I got no option with the current install except send that booster back and get a smaller diameter unit...but the brakes..I want the good brakes too.

Attachments

• IMAG0019.jpg
    IMAG0019.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 133
  • IMAG0019.jpg
    IMAG0019.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
So then...three gamblers then? That's all?:shrug:

All I'm saying is that somebodies missing out on an opportunity to make money off of the stuff I do, or don't do.
Of the four scenarios from hours worth of work, to doing nothing and sitting on my ass...you'd think somebody could've set up odds as to which way I'd go with this..

But for the three gamblers....the odds would've probably not gone in your favor......it seems that you all know me anyway.

I removed the pistons...Again...... a real weird bunch of circumstances that make deciding to take the rods back out and swap them out almost......"fortuitous"

Several of the rod bearing had embedded dirt in them...Two of them significantly gouged after only turning the crank a few rotations by hand. And this is a new development. This time around, there was junk in the reassembly and the rod bearings,
(that were clean and un-marred) are now crap.

I still couldn't be happier with the decision to change out the rods though....look at the difference.
IMAG0021_zps8tm9ywle.jpg

You can literally see that one is coarse, porous, and sloppy, while the other is smooth, tight, and sharp. And this is still a stock rod.

As for the rest of the objectives......Yeah,...I did all of it.
IMAG0017_zpsiok3kvln.jpg

IMAG0018_zpsk8pruhtt.jpg

There were casualties....The fuel rail hits the booster.:nonono:
The header tube is touching the K member...Not enough to cause a fitment problem,..but it's contacting it nonetheless.
Because of the impossible camera angle, I had to use the cat to get the shot...
IMAG0001_zpsg4zqcfzw.jpg

* Damn cat...can't get his picture to upload....probably did something wrong..

Anyway,....I've gotta big issue with the fuel rail. About the only option I have is to abandon the integral fuel rail bosses that are built into the throttle bodies, and weld in some steel bungs at a different angle underneath. That'll more than likely mean that I'll be spraying the injector upwards at the port roof...

I was so hoping that I wouldn't have to do this... The rail probably stands about a half inch too tall,...I got no option with the current install except send that booster back and get a smaller diameter unit...but the brakes..I want the good brakes too.

With all of 250 hp and 4000 lbs, you aint gonna be hitting speeds excess of 65 mph, so I wouldnt worry too much about your brakes. :shrug:

Reactions: 6 users
With all of 250 hp and 4000 lbs, you aint gonna be hitting speeds excess of 65 mph, so I wouldnt worry too much about your brakes. :shrug:
The car probably weighs 3000 pounds Iowa...maybe even with me in it.
And regardless of how fast I end up going.....it'll still be 100% faster than your Mustang.

*Wah na na na na na nah..............Click, click...Wah na na na na nah.....

Sound familiar?

Yea, fuel rail v2.0
Bets on 'fuel rail v3.0'?
I was able to get the original to fit....(needed to "massage it a bit) but,..it fits.

So now I got one header tube barely touching the K member, and the fuel rail gently caressing the Power Brake booster..

It's all lovey dovey in my engine space now.

This is going to look so awesome when you are done..... the ITB setup is pure badazzery. decided what to do for an airbox yet?? i think my idea reigns king well ya know cuz it is my idea and all my ideas work out in the end most of the time only sometimes do they need to be redone or significantly changed most of the time before the final product is something that looks like a 10yr old and seizure patient worked feverishly together to half ass something from nothing all of part of the time maybe.

I have had a lot of coffee, excuse me i need more.

If you drank enough Jameson, you'd have been in the position that the cat is in. And Less Cowbell is Never an option!

I think Google or someone here could probably come up with a booster option. There's only about 100,000 web posts about converting a fox to 4 wheel disc brakes. There's more than 1 way to skin this cat....not YOUR cat, just this cat.

The bell mouth......what to do for the bell mouth?

After looking at execute's supplied flow chart, one of the best port entrances I could come up with isn't a flare,..it'd be a half donut.

Now all I'd have to do is find a steel half donut that would have a 2" i.d. in the donut " hole"

Ha! Talk about a needle in the haystack....
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Steel+2"donut

They make this thing!

Problem is...those are for mandrel bent pieces...they cost 55.00 ea.....AND......nobody who makes them has any in stock.

So.... let's modify the search,....and word it in broken engrish.....and change the way you ask for it.....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Intercooler+pipe+mild+steel+2"+donut

Those Chinee guys I tell ya....this thing looks like hell compared to the domestic versions,.....

But no matter,.....I'm cutting it in half right on the weld that looks like ass....And...it's half the price......And they have it in stock in a US warehouse,....And will ship it for free.....And I'll have it by the week end..

They are gonna get cut in half...3 will make 6. The O.D. of the donut is 6"...,they are gonna have to be sectioned, they will butt together...

I'm gonna have to cut them perfectly, so I'll have something similar to this.
ferrari-20hood-20scoop-jpg.598141.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Mmmmmm, Donuts. 6 bbl, 6 inch Six pack of Syphony.

IPM.jpg

Only thing is, its missing the plastic top part,

UFO.jpg

and probably the Aerobic fluid the Green Men needed to breath....

UFO_6BBBL.jpg

I like how its almost a down draft 6bbl system now.

My favorite!

bristol_450_1955.jpg

bristol_450LM_1955.jpg

Bristol 450LM 1955

Status
Not open for further replies.