1986 3.8L V6

jslatts

May 2, 2006
PA
I know this forum is for 94-04 V6's but Stangnet doesnt have a forum for my year so i had to post on here

I have a 1986 Mustang LX 3.8L V6 does anybody know of any performance parts that i would beable to put on? to boost it up just a few HP or ALOT if possible?

Also

Is their an exhaust that will FIT on that engine guarenteed? because the SN95 Body V6's exhaust i heard will not fit

Thank You

• Sponsors (?)

get a catback exhaust for a gt of your year and take to a muffler shop and have them make an x/h-pipe to go between your stock cats and the system. easiest way. just make sure you get rid of the y-pipe

jslatts said:
I know this forum is for 94-04 V6's but Stangnet doesnt have a forum for my year so i had to post on here

I have a 1986 Mustang LX 3.8L V6 does anybody know of any performance parts that i would be able to put on? to boost it up just a few HP or ALOT if possible?

Also

Is their an exhaust that will FIT on that engine guaranteed? because the SN95 Body V6's exhaust i heard will not fit

Thank You

hey i have a 1983 ford mustang with the same engine.

idk where you are at but i took mine to piqua muffler in ohio and had them put on a true dual exhaust system with turbo muffler. and i can fell the different when you put it to the floor when you at 55mph or so it pull harder it seems like. it rev's up faster and all that and sounds really good for just a V6

they make a supercharger for it and thats what i plan on doing as soon as i piece together one.

yours is fuel injected right? mines carburated

got a picture of yours?

here you go. i think this is everything you need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Eato...80303QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting