Fuel 1993 super rich need help (FIXED)

The NSS code 67 can be bypassed for testing. You will need to temporarily ground computer pin 30 to the chassis. Computer pin 30 uses a Lt blue/yellow wire. Remove the passenger side kick panel and then remove the plastic cover from the computer wiring connector. Use a safety pin to probe the connector from the rear and jumper the safety pin to the ground near the computer.
copied this from one of jrichker's post, just don't drive the car with the pin grounded.
OK, thanks.

The jumper method is not guaranteed to work with auto transmission cars. I do not recommend trying it.

• Sponsors (?)

It's fixed now. Since I had the code for a problem with the intake air temp sensor I replaced it. After that I scanned and the code 54 was gone. I figured since it had been running rich I better check the o2 sensors. I'm not sure if these things can be cleaned so I went ahead and bought new ones.

3bNXEs.jpg

I then checked my oil...it smelled of raw fuel. So I changed the oil and filter.

The car runs better than ever now. No stalling, no surging, starts great. It seems the intake temp sensor caused a snowball effect on the other things.

Reactions: 2 users
thanks for clearing that up, I spent some time researching the code 67 issue and found very little info for the automatics, just nss or a wiring problem, can you elaborate?
NSS on auto trans cars uses different computer and method for the neutral sensing circuitry. With an auto trans, there is 12 volts fed through the NSS circuit when the shifter is in neutral or park. The auto trans computer (typically an A9P or similar looks for 12 volts on computer pin 30 to tell the computer that the transmission is in neutral or park. That 12 volts comes directly off the ignition switch by way of the O2 sensor harness.

See the diagram below for more information.

Complete computer, actuator & sensor wiring diagram for 88-90 Mass Air Mustangs
http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/88-91_5.0_EEC_Wiring_Diagram.gif

Reactions: 1 user