Roush 1998 # 20 dyno run for Marcus!

footnfan

Apr 1, 2005
Florida
Went to the dyno today. It ran super lean cruising. 17:1 just cruising on the dyno. The dyno owner was really nit in favor of stepping on the gas. We spent 10 minutes debating to do a power pull. Finally we did. It ran roughly 400 to the wheels after going SUPER rich when the boost hit....10:1 under boost. It then rev limited at 4700 as advertised but it never caught up to the wash of fuel. It was really choked by the dump of fuel and with the low rev limit...it never caught up.

I thought that by the seat of my pants, our other boosted car would get up and leave it and I was right, but at 10:1 AFR ( on boost), I can sleep tonight.........yes Marcus I did follow through on the Guru's( marcus) plea to get it checked!!! I had not driven it since I got 1995 #111 tested.

The '92 coupe my son are cleaning up to sell made 345 RWHP. What a fun little ride.

I think I am going to do a chip for both boosted cars. I think a chip can really wake up the '98 and make the 95 run that much cleaner. It made 460 RWHP two weeks ago and ran lean and then too rich as well. Both cars need to have the lean/rich/vs.RPM cycling improved.

Happy Friday everyone.

Dan

• Sponsors (?)

Nice going Dan.

Dyno time is sooooo cheap compared to a blown motor. There is a lot left in the 98 after you get a "real" tune in it. I highly recommend you contact Mark at Performance Autosport and tell him what you have and what you have seen from both cars on the dyno. Even though the 98 has more you can dial in the 95 is easily tunable and believe it or not lots of tuners/dyno guys like to tune OBD 1 more often. Good luck and keep us updated.