Progress Thread 1998 Gt Procharger Build--dyno And Track Numbers Inside

• Sponsors (?)

That's why I can't bring myself to trust used parts that I didn't source myself. I'm sorry you had to go through all this.

If it makes you feel any better, my '00 GT with nothing but 8psi from a non-intercooled Vortech V2-sq was pretty fun. Beats the heck out of not being able to drive it. I'm recovering from my second shoulder surgery since January, so I totally get how you feel. I have to walk past my Mustang up on jack stands in the garage every day on my way out of the house. It sucks.

This is my first and last time on used parts. That money "saved" ended up costing double. It's just not worth it.

Unfortunately not everyone is trustworthy and share my same moral code. It is what it is and I hope they sleep well at night knowing they rip folks off for a living.

And given the complications I've had with the acl reconstruction I'm going to say it sadly hurts worse. The 50k bill and 7k out of pocket hurts worse.

I ordered some borla mufflers to swap out the horrific slp's last night.

Now we just need to get our hands on the donor engine, clean it up, swap my cover etc onto it and maybe find a set of small cams to put in. Not to worried If we don't find any though.

Reactions: 1 user
I ordered some borla mufflers to swap out the horrific slp's last night.

Now we just need to get our hands on the donor engine, clean it up, swap my cover etc onto it and maybe find a set of small cams to put in. Not to worried If we don't find any though.

Let us know how the Borlas work. I've only ever heard them personally on a Lightning, which sound pretty good. I've always been most in love with Magnaflows on a 4.6. My 03 has an SLP LM on it right now; I bought it that way. It's too loud for me.

IMG_0624.JPG
Ended up buying a 35k mile 2011 crown Vic motor.

After some online conversations with Todd Warren and Bob Monks, I have discovered that my blower cams are not too big for a stock pi motor so we are going to tear off the heads, use my head studs, swap the springs and blower cams onto them and then button it all up tonight.

Should be a good time and I'm guessing it'll make more power than the "built" motor did (or didn't actually).

I went from lm1 to a magnaflow on a 4v before. It didn't get any quieter but got rid of the rasp. Sounded good with long tubes and an off road h.

I'm hopping the borla smooths it out and quiets it down. It's too damn loud now. And I've apparently gotten old. Haha.
Funny how that is, used to be the louder the better for exhaust and stereo, definitely getting old!

After some online conversations with Todd Warren and Bob Monks, I have discovered that my blower cams are not too big for a stock pi motor so we are going to tear off the heads, use my head studs, swap the springs and blower cams onto them and then button it all up tonight.

Should be a good time and I'm guessing it'll make more power than the "built" motor did (or didn't actually).

Do you have base line dyno numbers on it to compare?

Dyno numbers on what? The "built" motor only made 365. The npi stock motor/heads with boost and trick flow 1 cams only made 340 (10lbs). The built motor should have made a LOT more power but simply didn't. It also ate itself on the dyno.

Full manual valve body 4r70 with 3500 circle d stall. So it will be a tad lower at the wheels.

IMG_0635.JPG

Dressing the new motor. We tote the heads off. Stripped them down. Sent them through the parts washer then installed my own valve train and cams in them. We will acid wash them so they look pretty again. Aluminum looks nasty after you clean it and all the crap off of it.

Got the car home. Blew the heater core on the drive. Smoke show city.

It keeps on pouring it on.

I also have to adjust the shifter linkage as i can't find a gear to save my life and my exhaust is rattling terribly.

Reactions: 1 users
And then it leaks a metric :poo: ton of trans fluid again. Seems the lines won't seal.... Again. They are right behind the damn long tubes and horrific to get to.

I need to find info on how on what parts are needed to change it all over to AN fittings and lines so I don't have to screw with these damn flare fittings that won't seal any more.

I just dumped about 200 bones on new lines and overnight shipping so I can address this issue this weekend. Here's to busted knuckles and cramming my hands between the long tube and the trans. This is my first AN line project so it should be fun. Went with the proflow stuff so it's easier to build and they'll still hold the 265psi max my trans will make. My trans cooler is still a hose barb end one so I'll just adapt to that for now until I can upgrade it to a bigger AN inlet/outlet one.