1998 gt

steve20

Apr 11, 2004
I am thinking about buying a mustang this saturday. Just wondering if there is anything I should look for on this car in particular. Also what would be some of the first mods you recommend and where can I get them.

1998 Mustang Gt
manual

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Just look for the obvious wear and tear. Also if the car is all stock that will be a big plus. The first thing to do is I would say is gears. Go with 4.10. And then get a shifter for it. Afterwards do the famous headswap or intake and cam swap. There are endless things you can do to these cars. Just have fun with it.

BigHairyMonkey said:
Def PI head, intake, and cams.... that alone will put you 230 rear wheel. Then tri ax..

Agreed .. the gear selection would be driven by what you're going to do with it. You may not want steeper gears (4.10s) if you will do a lot of highway driving.

If you get it for a steal (like under 70k miles and for $8000) i would say sure.
if you are in love with that body style I would buy a 96-98 cobra (you can find them for under $12k easy)

if body style isn't an issue look around for a 1999 or newer under $10k and start with mor HP out of the gate.

I think I will get a good deal on it. It has 34k on it and their asking $9700 for it.
I believe its green. Its a hard top. This is all I know about the car for now until saturday when I go check it out. I do hope its not modded yet, cause I like messing with that type of stuff.