1ST time @ track MAINLY STOCK

Here it is. I have only ran 1 other time and that was back in late 90's with an 89GT. 1/8TH Mine is a 93GT, 5-SPD only mods UD pulleys, k&n panel filter, bumped timing to 14, Flowmaster 40 ser with dumps. 245/45zr17 G-Force sports. Left PSI where it was, 32 PSI. Other then those cheap items it's bone stock with only 30k on odometer. I feel it can be better, driver (me) just needs to adjust leaving time:nonono: :D

1ST RUN (NERVOUS ROOKIE ON TRACK) single run, well it was after the light, guy in Camaro broke his drive shaft trying to launch, he would of crushed me.:hail2: They made us go @ same time. Would not of even been close.

R/T .645
60' 2.375
330 6.314
MPH 58.57
1/8 9.577
MPH 74.95

2ND RUN - raced a 92 GT stock Auto turned 9.9 broke loose in 1st and had to gather it up, but still got him. He ran a 10.2

3RD RUN -- I lost the freak'n slip but friends saw it 1ST. 1/8 9.357 close to same MPH. Raced a guys 96GT 9.8.:owned: This guy talked a lot of smack trying to get me to the track. We ran 4 times and I got him every one. He would always get the hole shot 1/2 car length or so, but I would track him down and be ahead about 1/4--1/2 by the end. 4TH race he barley nudged me, but he jumped the light.:nono: :D

4TH RUN OF THE NIGHT running the 96 again, he was somewhere behind me:nice:

R-T .583
60' 2.295
330 6.224
MPH 58.64
1/8 9.481
MPH 74.95

5TH RUN --- LAST RUN 4TH against 96GT 9.80 96GT 9.7 very close. He jumped the light this time DQ'ED:nonono: He really wanted that one. Few more feet and I woulda got him anyway.

What ya think close to what my time would be in the 1/4???:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like some pretty good times to me. How was traction? Did you hook up fairly decent off the line or what?

I have almost the same mods as you (with 98k miles) and with no traction all through first gear my best time was 10.03 @ 72. :shrug:

According to this your 1/4 mile ET should be 14.69 if you ran a best of 9.357.

88 Fox GT said:
Sounds like some pretty good times to me. How was traction? Did you hook up fairly decent off the line or what?

I have almost the same mods as you (with 98k miles) and with no traction all through first gear my best time was 10.03 @ 72. :shrug:

According to this your 1/4 mile ET should be 14.69 if you ran a best of 9.357.

Honestly my run with the best R/T time was close to the worst 1/8 time. I was running the 92GT and it lookes almost identical to yours except he has a stock hood. Same wheels though. On that run I spun in 1st and it took a bit to hook, but when it did :nice:
The other times it ( I ) bogged in 1st, guess RPM's were too low. I spun taking off between 2000-2500. I knew leaving @ 3000 would spin because I tried it behind our shop. So the other times I was just under 2000. I need to find that happy medium.

1) Put a bag of ice on the intake between runs
2) Take out spare tire, subwoofers (if applicable), and girlfriend (if overweight)
3) Lower pressure in tires to 20-25 psi
4) Go to track with no more than 1/4 tank of gas

That should drop that 9.5 which btw is EXCELLENT for a stock mustang :)

HoodStrype said:
1) Put a bag of ice on the intake between runs
2) Take out spare tire, subwoofers (if applicable), and girlfriend (if overweight)
3) Lower pressure in tires to 20-25 psi
4) Go to track with no more than 1/4 tank of gas

That should drop that 9.5 which btw is EXCELLENT for a stock mustang :)

she wasnt my girlfriend fool.....i like to call her, extra traction :nice:

RUNINAGT said:
Honestly my run with the best R/T time was close to the worst 1/8 time. I was running the 92GT and it lookes almost identical to yours except he has a stock hood. Same wheels though. On that run I spun in 1st and it took a bit to hook, but when it did :nice:
The other times it ( I ) bogged in 1st, guess RPM's were too low. I spun taking off between 2000-2500. I knew leaving @ 3000 would spin because I tried it behind our shop. So the other times I was just under 2000. I need to find that happy medium.
Mine bogged a couple times as well when I tried to keep it from spinning. I launched at 2500 other times and it just spun all of 1st. I shoulda tried 2000 rpms. I will give it another try when I get my 3.73s and rebuilt traction lok in. :D

You need some better tires or alittle more practice launching. My tires kind of suck and I pull 2.05 60 foot times. I've heard that every tenth you drop off your 60 foot equals 2 tenths in the 1/4

Your 1/8 times look to me like they would translate into a mid-high 14.

good run.. whered ya run er at? lowcountry or dorchester? i ran 8.7 with stock gears, bad t-lok and bogging off the line.. at the same time i had to granny shift.. i lost a good 2 tenths on the shifting atleast..

795.0pacecar said:
You need some better tires or alittle more practice launching. My tires kind of suck and I pull 2.05 60 foot times. I've heard that every tenth you drop off your 60 foot equals 2 tenths in the 1/4

Your 1/8 times look to me like they would translate into a mid-high 14.

I need to get a better launch time. Gotta practice. New to the dragstrip. Very low expierence.

Dean85GT said:
I ran a 9.85 in the 1/8th and a 15.113 in the 1/4. This was with gears/exhaust and a bad second gear in my 85.

Yeah that's not very good for stock w/ gears... my lowest was a 9.5 stock w/3.55's in a 86GT Vert (heavy). I bet that bad 2nd gear is to blame :shrug: