2000 GT: More Cobra stuff

• Sponsors (?)

Backed it out. Looked at it……. I do like it better here…..

IMG_8853.jpeg

IMG_8856.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I’m leaning bullitts as well.

I want to squirrel the polished cobra wheels away for something else. I plan to DD this car a lot this summer (drove it today) and I think the wheels are going to get ruined. I love them on my Fox and I feel like I’m still feeling out the cosmis wheels.

Reactions: 1 users
Picked up a 99/01 cluster.

I realize need to be programmed, specifically PATS. But I can do this using Forscan. However in order for me to do the swap, it needs to be 100% accurate. By that I mean i need to transfer my mileage over, and the speedometer needs to work correctly. I think that can be done through ForScan as well but I will need to play around with this.

Needless to say, i will do a little research on this first.

IMG_8863.jpeg

Took the 38mm piston calipers off….

IMG_8959.jpeg

Installed the 40.5mm piston calipers.

IMG_8960.jpeg

I like this better. Other caliper arrives tomorrow so I’ll get it painted up and installed shortly. Tempted to go for a drive and see how this feels.

Tempted to go for a drive and see how this feels.

Put about 50 miles on it with the mismatched calipers. Really couldn't tell a difference at all.

Pedal feel improved however in the right direction. Need to swap the other one on, and then do a final bleed while performing the ABS service bleed function on Forscan. Hopefully that purges the last bit of air out and I can get that woah factor that this car seems to lack.

Reactions: 2 users
Swapped in a 1999 Cobra cluster.

I did it the not-so-common way and used ForScan to pair the IC module to the ECU and then mate the PATS keys to the cluster. WOrked perfectly. I assume the speedometer will read 100% correct, however the mileage is off.

My car has 70K miles, this cluster has 65K. Yeah it's close but I don't want to muck around with mileage issues on a 70K mile car I may sell one day. Unless i can find a solution to this, i'll likely just do the board swap method. This will keep the mileage the same, but the speedo will be off slightly since the GT is a 150MPH speedo ad cobra is 160MPH. It's not a speedo gear calibration issue, it's a display issue. The odometer is right but the board things its sweeping a needle on a 150MPH face.
IMG_9370.jpeg

Just want to verify the speedo is dead on and then i;ll board swap to get my mileage correct.

But I love this look
IMG_9368.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
Hit 70 today so outside in the sun with top off.

Speedo is accurate, but with the mileage off it’s going to bother me. So I’ll revert to a board swap with my GT cluster. That will carry the correct mileage over, but the Speedo sweep will be off by a few MPH. I love this look enough to just deal with it.

IMG_9381.jpeg

• Ugh
  • Love
Hit 70 today so outside in the sun with top off.

Speedo is accurate, but with the mileage off it’s going to bother me. So I’ll revert to a board swap with my GT cluster. That will carry the correct mileage over, but the Speedo sweep will be off by a few MPH. I love this look enough to just deal with it.

IMG_9381.jpeg

Of a choice between those two cockpit indications, this is a no-brainer. You have accurate speed indication and have to add 10k to whatever your odometer is reading? Oh, the horror! :eek: vs. Making a speed adjustment in your head, every time you glance at the speedo... Hmmmm.

If it ain't broke, break it? :scratch:

Off by 4500miles actually.

Eh, I swapped it. When the needle points to 50mph, I’m really doing 48mph. I think that’s close enough.

This is my true mileage as of today. If I can find a way to modify the mileage on the cobra circuit board, I will.

IMG_9411.jpeg

• Love
Styling bar?? Yes or no?

AM has a new open box unit for $309. Do I do it?

Attachments

• IMG_9421.jpeg
    IMG_9421.jpeg
    305.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9420.jpeg
    IMG_9420.jpeg
    324.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9422.jpeg
    IMG_9422.jpeg
    343.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Hell Yeah!
You don't drive a German sports car. I know you wear an ascot though... Admit it. :fuss:
Ahhhhh........NO. I DON'T WEAR AN ASSCOT didn't know what they were.
I do have a respect for the KroutCars but I don't want my mustang to resemble one. Some of the greatest Coach builders were German or Italian.
What do you know?? You drive a Cadillac and a Burban. Classic 'Old Guy' cars :loser: