2004 vs 2005

351CJ said:
Ford has done a HORRIBLE job publicizing the 2005 Stang showings

I found out about the tour through the Mustang Car Club of New England's newsletter. After I attended Foxboro, I checked Ford's press releases and only found general information about the tour going to 14 cities with no mentions of exact times and locations. I called Ford Customer Service, they did some research for about a half hour, called me back and still had no information to provide. It seems like they must have spent a decent amount of money on this and it's a shame to not have publicized it better.

351CJ said:
He also said that these cars will be EXACTLY like the real production cars. If they go together without any problems, he said these cars will be "sale-able".

At Foxboro, the Ford engineer said that the 110 would likely be given to Ford's "partners" which I guess would be suppliers and dealerships.

He said the same build cycles would exist for the convertible. I don't remember the exact timeframes given but roughly I think that 60 of those will be built later this summer followed by 110 in the fall.

• Sponsors (?)

Bizzatch said:
I am thinking about purchasing either a 2004 or 2005 GT. Personally I don't like the 2005 bodystyle. I think I'd have to see it in person before making any type of decision but which would you go for? I know most of you probably like the 2005 but the 2004 would be cheaper for me. what are your thoughts opinions between the two?

Won't somebody please ask this question 500 more times? Perhaps we can all compare the 01 Bullit, 04 Mach 1 and the 03/04 Cobra to the 2005 17,000 more times while we are at it.

WE WILL NOT KNOW UNTIL WE DRIVE THE 2005!!!!!

How do you compare these 2 cars on anything besides magazine racing and speculation? Well, besides the whole "this one looks better than that one" crap. Seriously, once everyone sees that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that comparing cars no one has driven is rediculous, the world will be a better place.

tylers65 said:
Won't somebody please ask this question 500 more times? Perhaps we can all compare the 01 Bullit, 04 Mach 1 and the 03/04 Cobra to the 2005 17,000 more times while we are at it.

How do you compare these 2 cars on anything besides magazine racing and speculation? Well, besides the whole "this one looks better than that one" crap. Seriously, once everyone sees that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that comparing cars no one has driven is rediculous, the world will be a better place.

+1! Speculation can be fun, but enough is enough already, everybody just buy whichever car makes you happy and try your best not to worry about what everyone else thinks you should drive

It's kind of like comparing a last generation Porsche 356 to an early Porsche 911. The 911 is "better" in every way but plenty of people still prefer the 356... And like Tyler said no one has driven the 05 so...

tylers65 said:

Then again I spoke with the Ford Engineering Manager for the 2005 Mustang Exterior and Structure. He has had a 2005 Mustang GT, automatic to drive for the past few months. He says there is NO comparison between the 1999 - 2004, including the Mach 1. The 2005 simply blows away the SN-95 in Noise, Vibration, Harshness, Handling, Responsiveness, Comfort, etc. I know he's biased towards his new baby, but do any of you really think that Ford would spend the better part of a billion $$ developing the first ever ALL NEW Mustang that isn't based off a 1960 Falcon a 1972 Pinto or a 1978 Fairmont and have it end up inferior to the old model (including the Mach 1)? :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: