2005 18" Bullitt and FR500 Wheels in STOCK

• Sponsors (?)

MRaburn said:
We have our first shipment in... Here is what we have.

Anthracite Bullitt 18x9 +36mm Offset
Black Bullitt 18x9 +36mm Offset
Chrome Bullitt 18x9 +36mm Offset

Black FR500 18x9 +36mm Offset

http://www.partshopper.com/fordmustang/items.asp?Cc=2005WHEELS

Limited Supply!

Cheers
Mike

If I decide on 17X9 wheels, what is the widest, highest profile tire that will fit on a 2005 Mustang GT with stock suspension?

P285/40ZR17's????

MRaburn said:
We have our first shipment in... Here is what we have.

Anthracite Bullitt 18x9 +36mm Offset
Black Bullitt 18x9 +36mm Offset
Chrome Bullitt 18x9 +36mm Offset

Black FR500 18x9 +36mm Offset

http://www.partshopper.com/fordmustang/items.asp?Cc=2005WHEELS

Limited Supply!

Cheers
Mike
Mike - I bought these from you guys yesterday (David) and went for the 18X9 Chrome Bullitts.

My question is...what is the biggest/fattest tires I can get on them??

I think its 255/45 front and 285/40 at back but just wanted to check??

Nick

For anyone that wants pics of the FR500's installed...

p6170046d2.jpg

p6170070b.jpg

p6170040c2.jpg

looks nice Stangnut . I heard someone had issues with the center cap in the front.. did you have any issues with install?

MRaburn= what is the widest I can fit in the back? I still want to stick with a 45/50 still

I wonder how much it would cost to powder coat the lip yellow >:) wooo

lostsoul said:
looks nice Stangnut . I heard someone had issues with the center cap in the front.. did you have any issues with install?

MRaburn= what is the widest I can fit in the back? I still want to stick with a 45/50 still

I wonder how much it would cost to powder coat the lip yellow >:) wooo
That was me that had the problem with the front center caps. (as far as I know, I'm the only one with the new FR500's on an '05) The dust cap (shield) for the hub has to be removed to be able to put ANY center cap on the front wheels. I don't know if it's the same way with the Bullitt's.

You mentioned you wanted to stick with a 45/50. I assume you're talking about the sidewall height. Remember, that number is a percentage of the width. So just sticking with 45 or 50 isn't going to get you the sidewall you want.

Also, if you don't want your speedometer to be off, you have to stick with a certain diameter tire. In this case, as close to 27" as you can get. So the only thing that will change your sidewall height is changing the size of the wheel. The larger the wheel, the smaller the sidewall. Make sense?

Stangnut said:
Aren't those a little taller than stock?

Yes, they are a bit taller and a lot wider. I wanted to "fill up" the wheel wells without lowering the car, and I prefer the bigger sidewall as opposed to the narrow "rubber band" look. Just personal preference.

Stangnut said:
How much is your speedometer off?

Should be off 1.4mph. I have been told I can have it re-calibrated, but I haven't looked into that yet. The car was delivered March 30, it now has 670 miles on it. Just a weekend toy.

Stangnut = thanks for the info.. 18x9s dont seem to be what I'm looking for either.. I wanted something 18s but I need somethign wider so I could put 285s or higher since I got a procharger.. but I do like the look of the fr500s.. do they make a 18x10? and I want good size walls.. heheh.. >:).. no bling bling

No they don't make them in 18x10 yet with the +36mm offset. They have them with a +22mm offset though but it took a long time for those to come out so it'll probably be a while before they do any for the 05 if ever.