2009 Camaro leaked image

• Sponsors (?)

I love the retro loook and it's hot to me.. Hope ford can keep up with this trend in HP and looks. Tired of chevy kicking our asses with stock cars. We usaully have to drop about 5 or 6 grand on our cars to compete with them..

Redsnake2 said:
I love the retro loook and it's hot to me.. Hope ford can keep up with this trend in HP and looks. Tired of chevy kicking our asses with stock cars. We usaully have to drop about 5 or 6 grand on our cars to compete with them..

True but they also spend 5 -10 grand more to buy the car then we do.
To the matter at hand, I like it and I hope they build it. Having competion can only make the Mustang better.

for some reason i can find the 2009 camaro all i see is this

FEATURE STORIES
Bugatti Veyron 16.4

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Convertible

Saab 9-5

Anatomy of a Supercar

Dodge Charger R/T

Thunder Road: The Standing Mile
-------------------------------
ROADANDTRACK.COM EXCLUSIVES
Lamborghini M-Concept

Red Bull Dragsterday

Dodge Challenger Concept

Ahman Green's Garage

--------------------------------
PHOTO GALLERIES
# Dodge Challenger Concept
# BMW M5 and M6
# Red Bull Dragsterday
# Ford Shelby GT500 Convertible
# Bugatti Veyron 16.4
# SEMA 2005
# Giro Lamborghini
# Mini United
# 2005 Tokyo Motor Show
# Aston Martin V8 Vantage
# Porsche Cayman S
# 2005 Frankfurt Auto Show
# 2006 Volvo C70
# Chevrolet Corvette Z06
# Lexus IS 350
# Pontiac Solstice
# 2007 Jaguar XK
# Mazda MX-5 Miata
# Audi RS4
# Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
# Ferrari Enzo

It's ugly, but since it will come with the 400 HP V8, us Mustangs guys won't have to worry about looking at them. They'll blow by us so fast all we'll see is a blur.

Word is that the concept is called "Camaro" but the production car will be called "Chevelle" because GM still can't use the Camaro name. It will be based on the Zeta lite platform and it is supposedly a go for the 2009 MY.

The photos of the silver car look f'd up because that car is actully half and half 2 different designs.

I'd love to see a new Camaro on the road, but I'll believe it when I see it. Especially one that has styling close to the concept's. These are the guys who just toned DOWN the styling on the new Monte Carlo and Impala to make them slightly less interesting than my old 1990 Taurus. Maybe they'll surprise everyone and actually take a styling risk. They are producing the Solstice, after all.

Also, GM has the engine for the car, but what platform are they going to build on? I don't follow GM, but I read that they were killing plans for their new rear-drive line. Did they decide against that?

GM can't use the Camaro name??