2010 4.6 Engine miss

fattypie

Jun 23, 2011
I have a 2010 4.6 with 8000 miles on it. I purchased a 400+HP "top end kit", cams, heads, throttle body and intake from Ford Racing, and had a local Ford dealer install it. The car has a low rpm miss, that dyno tuning, and new spark plugs have not been able to fix. Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this headache for me?

Vacuum line, injector, cams? Please help.

• Sponsors (?)

By low rpm do you mean at idle? The reason I ask is because the FRPP kit you installed includes "hot rod" high lift cams that will give you a rough idle.
This is from the description from the FRPP catalog:
This camshaft provides a lopey idle reminiscent of 1960's muscle cars, no other modular camshaft sounds like this.

I have a 2010 4.6 with 8000 miles on it. I purchased a 400+HP "top end kit", cams, heads, throttle body and intake from Ford Racing, and had a local Ford dealer install it. The car has a low rpm miss, that dyno tuning, and new spark plugs have not been able to fix. Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this headache for me?

Vacuum line, injector, cams? Please help.

Hi fattypie,

Svtpilot is correct, it may be a feature of the kit you chose. If you are concerned though, I suggest having the dealer who installed it take a look to make sure everything is functioning correctly. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

~Natasha