2015 Shares 1970 Dna

Boompa

Aug 28, 2015
A bit of background first: I'm on Medicare now- turned 65 earlier this year. (SHEESH!) I've owned 100+ cars in my lifetime including a number of Corvettes, Porsches- even a gorgeous (and terrifying) 427 Shelby Replica. I've only owned two Mustangs: A new 2005 GT when they first came out, and my new 50th AP '15 GT Premium 6-Spd. The styling just never did it for me, but I was hooked on the '05's retro look. But *THE* Mustang that always did it for me was the 1970 Mach 1. I know lots of people hated the bigger Mustang, but to me that car had the styling. I was in college when it came out. Anyway- I just see lots of 1970 (and '71) lines in the new 2015 but of course with earth-shatteringly more performance in every way; particularly handling, breaking, safety and economy.... not to mention acceleration. That's really all I had to say: LOVE the new styling and the more I drive the car the more impressed I am with the complete package: Styling, performance, safety, economy, comfort, handling, etc. Well done, Ford!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 152
  • imgres.jpg
    imgres.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 147
  • Sponsors (?)

Oh... absolutely. The '71-'73 was vastly different. But I see the grill and front quarters of the '70. But on the '71 I see more of that LONG hood and also the rear quarter/roofline. There are elements of BOTH generations in the new '15/'16 as I see it. :)

I can see kind of what your talking about. Follow the body line near the top of the front fender all the way back through the shoulders, behind the rear of the door. Very similar lines. Love to see the heritage/bloodlines in the new cars.