3.08s to 4.30s with slicks baby!!

• Sponsors (?)

ShiftTheDrift said:
Joe, that's kinda what I'm afraid of and I started this thread...
Perhaps I'll get to the point faster next time. :rolleyes:

What else should I re-enforce to make sure something like that doesn't happen?
There isn't much that you can do to reinforce stock parts.

If the axles bend, you're going to have to replace them. Usually you upgrade to a 31-spline count axle, which is much stronger than the stockers. If you upgrade to a 31-spline axle, you have to upgrade/change the differential when you change axle spline count because the differential and axles have to be mated.

Joe

Well, that's just the thing this week... I'm trying to rap up the research for those exact questions. I wanna be able to order them Monday, however, there again, I'm afraid my experience is going to steer me in the wrong direction and end up costing me in top speed.

95YellowGTbeasT said:
wouldnt the drive shaft break before the axle????

Nick
The driveshaft wouldn't break. A U-joint may snap, but I don't see a U-joint snapping before an axle bending.

ShiftTheDrift said:
Well, that's just the thing this week... I'm trying to rap up the research for those exact questions. I wanna be able to order them Monday, however, there again, I'm afraid my experience is going to steer me in the wrong direction.
Assuming you use a 28x10.5x15 slick, you will be running between 115-117 MPH @ 6000 RPM in 4th gear. Stay away from a 26" slick because you will need 5th gear on the drag strip. With your regular street tires, you may be able to get the car up to 110 if you bury 4th gear.

Joe

Yeah off the line with Nos or just a higher rpm will do it with slicks (been there done that)... But i saw a kid in a fox destroy one the other day with just street tires...

Joe you keep on saying bend... Mine didn't bend at all, it exploded. The pieces left were perfectly straight... Those were my stock axles... I have had no problems with my 28 spline mosers, and i have abused them at the track.

I bent my 31 spline starnge axles the first time out. I now run superiors and haven't had a problem. If you are going to upgrade, I don't recommend strange because in addition to me bending mine, my dad bent his and so did my buddy Mike. We all run superiors now without any problems... yet.

I run 26X10.5X16 ET streets and 315-35-17 nitto (~25.7" overall diameter) on my car with ym 4.10's and I cross right at 5900-6000rpms in 4th.

My dad runs 4.30's in his car with 26X10.5X15 ET streets and he is crossing at around 6400 trapping 115mph

Okay, I have idea on size, but what about manufactures for the rims and tires? Any favorites?

I might add, the car is a trailer queen with shared owners and I would like to run straight slicks if I can get away with it. This particular car saw it's last daily driven mike about 7 months ago and we've been building a dragster since. So, don't hold out on me guys, :D, it's used for nothing but track.

You should see the Power Stroke diesel that hauls her butt out to Famoso Raceway.
It's not mine, but damn, a guy can dream!!