3.73s and 4.11s

danrat said:
That’s cause you lack the experience that I have had with this exact matter. It's been the case every time someone I know has 4.10's. I will race you on the street when I know your tires are getting low and bet the farm you will squirrel your way off the line. :shrug: Knowing how to drive is just as bad because when you don’t have traction all you can do is granny it off the line and feather the clutch as I take a 3-4 car lead on you. With 3.73's I can dump the clutch on you with fair tires and still hang on.

You obviously don't have that much experience with driving. Just because the person you are racing can't drive doesn't make your 3.73s better.

sixstringthing, don't listen to this joker talking about wheelspin. I just got my 4.10s installed last friday and couldn't be happier with them. I don't have any problem not spinning my tires. You just need to adjust your driving habits to the new gears. You do a lot more shifting, but you will get BETTER mileage in the city and stop 'n go traffic with a VERY minor loss in highway mpg. Just go for the 4.10s and you will be happy with them, it only raised my highway rpms by 400-500.

Oh, and danrat, I'd give bill a set of tires with steel cords hanging out and his 4.30s vs. you and your 3.73s with a set of DRs and my money would be on bill. He is by far one of the best drivers around and you pale in comparison.

• Sponsors (?)

danrat said:
3.73's are the best bet in a GT if you want to remain fast through the tires life.

You must have deep pockets. My friends have the gear and they drive great. However, keeping your tires is the plan here. If your tires are getting slick after a few miles I will beat you every time with your 4.10's. I will take 3.73's with partially worn tires and beat the exact same car with 4.10's with the same situation time after time. Its a fact here. With new tires you're on top of the world, but the truth is the day your ties suck you better run down and buy a new pair cause you will sit at the line and either granny it or hit the gas like a freak and loose it. So it really depends on your budget, but if you get caught at the wrong stage in your tires life you're going to get your ass handed to you by a lesser vehicle.

My old GT with 3.73's got my buddies Mach 1 with 4.30's when he first got the gears and his tires were fair. He got tires and I got beat that following week. He had more HP and gear but couldn’t get off the line. This guy pulls mid 12's in his Mach now and his reaction times are close to perfect.

Experience tells the story.
you think you are going to pull 1.8s on street tires???you better if you think you are going to get me out of the hole. i know i was pulling low 1.9s on my squirrelly sumitomos that were at the wear bars:rolleyes:

why don't you stfu until you give us at least a nut hairs worth of proof of your "experience".

Jackie Chan said:
you think you are going to pull 1.8s on street tires???you better if you think you are going to get me out of the hole. i know i was pulling low 1.9s on my squirrelly sumitomos that were at the wear bars:rolleyes:

why don't you stfu until you give us at least a nut hairs worth of proof of your "experience".

:stupid:

Crewdawg, was your 14.89 ET with your 4:10's? Seems a bit on the high side for 4:10's. Just curious cause I ran a 14.7 with 3:73's and Auto Trans at 3000 ft elevation. 2000 GT w/ Stock engine, stock exhaust, K&N filter.

So am I driving a bit agressively if I'm tacking 4 grand at 80mph in 4th? I was in an accident a few months back that destroyed the differential so the body shop sent it to get rebuilt...and now it howls a bit on the rear passenger side...sorry for highjacking this thread and selfishly asking for help in MY situation :D

Mstng2 said:
Crewdawg, was your 14.89 ET with your 4:10's? Seems a bit on the high side for 4:10's. Just curious cause I ran a 14.7 with 3:73's and Auto Trans at 3000 ft elevation. 2000 GT w/ Stock engine, stock exhaust, K&N filter.
No, my times were not with 4.10s. I am going back to the track on the 18th and we will see the difference. I also ran at 3600ft altitude which corrects to a 14.17 at sea level.

danrat said:
3.73's are the best bet in a GT if you want to remain fast through the tires life.

Again learn how to drive and wearing down tires won't be an issue. Only little kids go around burning up their tires to impress their friends. I didn't wear down my tires any faster with 4.30's than I did with the stock 3.27's.

Bill

Mustang92 said:
Again learn how to drive and wearing down tires won't be an issue. Only little kids go around burning up their tires to impress their friends. I didn't wear down my tires any faster with 4.30's than I did with the stock 3.27's.

Bill
I wouldn't say burning tires is just for little kids sometimes its a blast to put on your stock tires and rip them up. Not too impress anyone just to have fun in an open parking lot. Practice powerslides and so forth, but too each his own. Just remember when its time to line up learn what you got and drive it.

"I am going with 4.10's. I have 245/40-20 though so that would be about the eqivelant of 3.90. if you do what they tell you and drive at higher rpm you will notice your car runs quieter and has power at that rpm that is nice. does anyone know at what cruise rpm you milage starts to drop off?"

:lol: ..JK

Yeah, about 1500-1800 unfortunately, haha. Hell, off idle, your mileage starts to go away.

I have 3:73s in my 98 Cobra and I get 17 (mostly city, hard runs) to 22+ (mostly highway and conservative city). So a 2V should be even better...enough better that, if you want a more FUN car, I, too, would go with the 4:10s or 4:30s.