3.8 To 5.0 Fuel Pump/Regulator Question

Jamee

Mar 12, 2010
Mid Florida
Hi, I'm swapping from a 3.8 to a 5.0 and I'm wondering if I'll need to replace the 3.8 fuel pump.
Also, I don't have a fuel regulator so I'm wondering if a stock one will be fine or if I *NEED* to invest in an adjustable fuel regulator?
I'm running a stock 92 5.0 Mustang camshaft with 351W D0OE ported and polished heads, and stainless steel headers. Stock MAF/injectors
halp please :( thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Nope. OEM fuel pump is identical between all 94-95 models. A stock fuel regulator is fine; having an adjustable one is a shortcut way to "tune" the engine after modding it. If you do need to tune the engine, you're better off in the long run to get the computer tuned.

Nope. OEM fuel pump is identical between all 94-95 models. A stock fuel regulator is fine; having an adjustable one is a shortcut way to "tune" the engine after modding it. If you do need to tune the engine, you're better off in the long run to get the computer tuned.

oh ok thanks :)
I plan on modding the computer in the future (Running an A9L 89 computer first to help avoid EGR issues. But I have 94 and 89 computers) but that's down the road... worrying about getting it running for now. :) but yeah, thanks for the info!