331/347 stroker compression?

mamatried

Sep 28, 2004
Kentucky
I've searched through a few threads and have read all kinds of info on the 331/347 stroker...still kinda leaving me with NO idea on which is better cause there's so many opinions...i guess it's all presonal preference.

Here's my Question: What would be an optimal compression ratio for a N/A stroker motor. I'm getting the motor from CHP but don't know what comp ratio to get. I won't be adding a power adder right now but in the future who knows. So what's the most compression I can have before I can't add a blower. This really confuses me.

• Sponsors (?)

I would keep your static compression to no more than 10:1 if you are planning on boost later.

Keep in mind, you better install the stroker kit in an aftermarket block.

Good Luck with it!

Yeah it would be okay with a stock block, if you kept it N/A.

The reason why I stated keep it no more than 10:1, because for one if it is in a stock block it really doesn't matter if you add boost at 9:1, 9.5:1, 10:1, etc., because the supercharger will put enough power to the block to crack it.

So I figured with a stock block, I would keep the compression up there, because likely you shouldn't/wouldn't actually put a supercharger on.

The girdles are nice and can help protect your heads/valvetrain if your block does crack, but it will not prevent the block from cracking.

Good Luck!

ok well more than likely i'll keep it n/a anyways so i'll go ahead and shoot for anywhere from 10:1 to 11:1 i guess. i've heard good things about CHP's kits. Even the cheapest kit comes with forged pistons...i think that should be good for what i'm lookin for.