351w

• Sponsors (?)

completely depends on the setup. my buddy's 80something f250 has a 351 and it gets 12mpg highway, but its got 4.10's, weighs 5500lbs, and is tuned like crap. a well tuned, fuel injected 351 that breathes well should do fine on gas, shouldn't be much worse than a 302

I have a 351 in my 88 mustang and had 302s in larger cars they dont seem to be too much different on Gas I love the performance in my 351w it Has fuel injection. The engine is an older one from a Cal. Hiway patrol car. Most likely 79 or 80ish. Depends a lot on how you drive it. My problem is that the Tank must be real small not a lot of gas goes in there about 10 gal or so.

88 mustang headlight switch

Im replacing my speedometer cluster. I have everything out except the headlight switches on both sides, I fooled with the one on the leftt and got it out but then the wires hold me back from getting of the cover. Im thinking it wants to go in instead of out. Is this correct? Any Ideas.

Im replacing my speedometer cluster. I have everything out except the headlight switches on both sides, I fooled with the one on the leftt and got it out but then the wires hold me back from getting of the cover. Im thinking it wants to go in instead of out. Is this correct? Any Ideas.

You'll get better responses to this is a new thread...

As for fuel economy in a 351w, mine may be one of the more extreme examples of what is possible with EFI.

Everything in my sig is correct except the CR. It was actually close to 10:1, as my *former* machine shop was actually full of HACKS.

Still, hitting 20mpg on the highway, with an average of 17mpg for mixed driving is pretty decent for a 408w.

My hp is estimated at 425 or so, but I don't have dyno sheets.

If you are even slightly worried about fuel economy, then use EFI.

good luck
jason