373 adjust

• Sponsors (?)

It depends on what tranny you have. I beleive they varied from 87-89 and 90-95 I think? I have a 95 T5 and needed the White 23 tooth speedo gear (for 3:55's) but they don't have a 373 geared speedo gear to match the internal gear in the tranny.

5spd GT

Is it off at all? I am getting ready to get 3:73's installed and was wondering if it was off? Anyone changed the other gear in the tranny? An old Motorsport Catalog I have offers both, but I have not seen where anyone installed it.

9 Deuce GT said:
5spd GT

Is it off at all? I am getting ready to get 3:73's installed and was wondering if it was off? Anyone changed the other gear in the tranny? An old Motorsport Catalog I have offers both, but I have not seen where anyone installed it.

Sorry I should have posted that info. It reads about 4-5mph faster than the actual speed. Changing the tranny internal gear is much more work than the speedo gear (one bolt to make it come out and then you pull a clip out and replace it). The other gear is inside the tranny (you can actually see it where the regular speedo gear goes into). You would need to drop the tranny to change it. That is a little discrepancy that I'm not willing or worried about messing with for now. Eventually it will be changed - eventually :)