$390 for gears

merc123

Jan 27, 2003
North GA
This sucks, no one in my area BUT the Ford dealership says they can put gears in my GT. Ford says "by the book" it's $390.

What a ripoff. Anyone know of a place in North GA that will do them cheaper?

• Sponsors (?)

merc123 said:
This sucks, no one in my area BUT the Ford dealership says they can put gears in my GT. Ford says "by the book" it's $390.

I don't know where you are in N GA but I am in Ringgold, about 10 mi from TN (Chattanooga) state line. I get all my work done at Sexton's Performance. They specialize in Mustangs and they have done everything on my car. They are putting my 4.10's in this weekend for $225. PM me if you want the their website.

BTW - I don't get anything done at the dealer anymore. They screwed me out of $350 to fix the electric window motor. And I had to take it back 'cause they didn't even put the door cover thingy back on right. And that was the last straw!

ponygirl74 said:
I don't know where you are in N GA but I am in Ringgold, about 10 mi from TN (Chattanooga) state line. I get all my work done at Sexton's Performance. They specialize in Mustangs and they have done everything on my car. They are putting my 4.10's in this weekend for $225. PM me if you want the their website.

BTW - I don't get anything done at the dealer anymore. They screwed me out of $350 to fix the electric window motor. And I had to take it back 'cause they didn't even put the door cover thingy back on right. And that was the last straw!

they do pretty good work as well, if you can't make the drive to MPH. mark has helped point me in the right direction a few different time

Well, I'm only home for a short time on leave before I go to Iraq. I just wanted to enjoy them before I leave. I would have to take it to a shop and stay there for the day. I guess I could sleep in the shop if they need another day :)

merc123 said:
Well, I'm only home for a short time on leave before I go to Iraq. I just wanted to enjoy them before I leave. I would have to take it to a shop and stay there for the day. I guess I could sleep in the shop if they need another day :)

well where are you in GA? i'm sure either shop could work something out with you

merc123 said:

That would be a deal. Around me, four Ford dealers quoted me $500 - $600 for gear install only (no bearing replacement or additional items).

holy crap, your getting into irs gear install territory. around here they normally install for around $150. but like I said if you wanted and irs job done better have around $500.