393w hp estimates?

lets help chris out a lil bit here. hes got an honest question. i honestly dont know the answer to your question but since everyone says that the gt components are weak maybe someone could answer his question with the street fighter combo?

yeah its a grand more, but the supplied heads/internals are going to perform better plus you could toss some boost or nawwssss (even overnight parts from japan chuckle) later down the line.

off the subject but not really:
i skimped out with my combo. for the money i could have had much better heads and cam and i penny pinched where i shouldnt have.

the longblock i went with is ok, but i could have gone so many other ways with my combo and it could have been much better. now im looking for a complete engine upgrade and im going to have lots of used parts to try to sell-which sucks.

many of the replies to your thread (besides the KB posts) are with good intentions-though not helpful to your question. i'd like to know the answer too man, i want more cubes!
-fawcett

can he get alteast 1hp per cube with this combo? what about the streetfighter combo? is this flywheel or rear wheel hp?

• Sponsors (?)

If its what you want and you can later add more too it IF you wish down the road. The ONLY thing I make a large factor is "will I enjoy this any more or less at this point?"

I see the point the others are trying to make...if your going 393 built a matched combo the first time. Like the addage there is never enough time to do it the first time, but all the time in the world to do it over and over.

However, budget, your current goals, maybe the need for something to just get it back on the road after this outlay of cash. I would not bish' about a solid 393 setup like that if those reasons were the case, I think from your posts elsewere one or more may be the case.

For a tick over 4k to get a stroked 393 longblock...even if you have to add another 1k to that for it to be running again...aint bad in my book. And to see 325 rwhp and some trq. as well to hold you over. I would be happy for a bit.

That dyno...I wonder were the A/F was since it was on a untuned a9...I wonder what a tweecer could have eecd' out of that combo. I would imagine there could be another 20hp or so if not more.

FWIW-my guess would be that it would be powerfull enough to pull a greesed string out of a cats arse:D

Hey Chris

As was said before ... 1 rwhp to 1 cubic inch

That is not an unreasonable expectation.

Now before anyone gets all bent out of shape
and
says you can get more :nice:

I am trying to stay in the area of what I think Chris has talked about

He don't seem to want a race car
and
He is concerned about not having anything as he has said "radical"

1 rwhp for 302 or 347 or 393

Have you ever looked at it like that :shrug:

Based upon my findings with my oem stock block based combo

I can say I feel I'd have no prob getting close to 350 rwhp if I did my combo over with hotter cam specs and intake work. I also feel the drivability would not suffer much ... if any ... as well.

I know that is just my opinion but I really do think I could pull it off.

Now if I was talking about a stroker 347 ..............

We would be talkin about a number around the 400 mark :banana:
Heck ... you could fall a good bit short and still easily be talkin about 375 ;)

Don't sell the little 302 based block short :)

anyway ......

Just a thought or two about what you are thinking about :shrug:

Grady