4:10's?

projectfiveo

Aug 30, 2005
I now have 3:73 gears but i was thinking about going to a 4:10....would i be able to tell that much more of a difference? and ive heard that 5.0's wont hold up to 4:10's? its a daily driver, well i only drive it two or three days a week, and i like to race my buddies on the weekend...so will my car hold up to it? and whats the top speed i will get if i install it?

• Sponsors (?)

re 4:10

Hey man nice car I too have a 90GT as far as gearing you will feel a bit more punch in 3rd-5th, but it does strain a bit on highway speeds. MY GT with 4:10's has the punch, but I would stay with the 3:73's especially for a driver. The benefit on gettyup is minimal in comparison to 2:73's plus you gotta have a quick hand cause 1-2 shift hits almost instantly if your motor revs fast and hard. If I had it to do over 3:73's would be in mine! I run 3:55's in my 92 LX and actually prefer them over the 4:10's for average use stilll plenty of pep and getttyup but doesnt scream at 80plus on highway. Hope that is a little help. It's all preference tho to me traction gets more difficult the lower ratio you go without slicks. Killer looking paint sceme I was planning on EXACT setup guess I gotta go back to the drawing board..LOL Later ADAM

Foxfan4life said:
Hey man nice car I too have a 90GT as far as gearing you will feel a bit more punch in 3rd-5th, but it does strain a bit on highway speeds. MY GT with 4:10's has the punch, but I would stay with the 3:73's especially for a driver. The benefit on gettyup is minimal in comparison to 2:73's plus you gotta have a quick hand cause 1-2 shift hits almost instantly if your motor revs fast and hard. If I had it to do over 3:73's would be in mine! I run 3:55's in my 92 LX and actually prefer them over the 4:10's for average use stilll plenty of pep and getttyup but doesnt scream at 80plus on highway. Hope that is a little help. It's all preference tho to me traction gets more difficult the lower ratio you go without slicks. Killer looking paint sceme I was planning on EXACT setup guess I gotta go back to the drawing board..LOL Later ADAM

hey thanks man.....see thats my problem when racing 96-98 cobras, i burn them off the line but as soon as i hit third they pull me a car...and i was hoping the 4:10 would help out

You'll definately see the difference in first and second from a stop...on the highway you'll be able to pass people much easier without having to downshift, and when you DO downshift you'll be right in the sweet spot and your car will pull pretty hard. The downside is you lose a pretty good amount of top end speed unless you can run high RPMs.