4.56 Gears...who has them?

BlueNewEdge

Apr 3, 2007
Why would someone get 4.56? Wouldnt it be HORRIBLE to drive around in that car?

I guess you could put it on the car if its track only...

anyone on here has 4.56 or even 4.30 and drive the stang around?

• Sponsors (?)

I had 4.56s. They are fun around town, but you can forget racing unless you're on a full slick. I would roast 1st to 3rd almost every time, if I was shifting fast. First was soo short. I did get on the freeway a few times too. Not sure what RPM to speed it was, because I never got the speedo calibrated. If you want to run these gears, get a REALLY tall slick, and a really high revving engine. I would hit my rev limiter constantly.

Haha yeah it would be fun around town but I wouldn't go any higher than 4.30. Your top speed on the freeway would be like 75 with 4.56 lol. I'd get 4.10 for all around use, is what i'm looking at getting. Have fun.

My friend put 4:30's in his car recently...and i swear it hooks in first...It's such a weird feeling with so much gear! It hits real hard and gives you that acceleration squirmy feeling, but it doesn't feel any faster or more powerful really lol.

i have 4.30's and i don't like them that much. Great for 0-60 though i only have 231 rwhp and i kept up with a 2006 STI with a boost controller and some other stuff :). At about 55 mph im at 3k rpm in 5th gear. Going to switch to 3.73s soon though.

i have 4.30's and i don't like them that much. Great for 0-60 though i only have 231 rwhp and i kept up with a 2006 STI with a boost controller and some other stuff :). At about 55 mph im at 3k rpm in 5th gear. Going to switch to 3.73s soon though.

holy $hit that sux big time!!! 55mph in 5th gear at 3krpm???? dammmmm thats insane...so what would the top speed on that thing be :rlaugh: and where do you redline 4th? at 55-60? lol that would be horrible in LA traffic...

umm i have pinned it at 150 and had a little left but i think it was closer to 130, and i red line at 6,200 rpm at about 90mph in 4th gear, maby a little less. These gears were on when i bought the car, i would have never bought them. When im trying to be quiet she will go about 10 to 15 mph in 5th gear no problem haha.

I have 4.30 gears in my 03 Mach. It is only pulling about 2,800 rpm at 70 mph in 5th if I remember correctly.(Maybe 2,600). I do not put many miles on the car and I make a couple trips to drags each year for the Ford events. I have the stock tires on it and do not have problems roasting the tires. I chose the 4.30,s because I hate crossing the stripe at the drags still pulling third gear. If I never raced the car though I probably would like the 4.10s or even 3.90 on the street better than the 4.30 gears. Hope this helps anybody trying to decide!

holy $hit that sux big time!!! 55mph in 5th gear at 3krpm???? dammmmm thats insane...so what would the top speed on that thing be :rlaugh: and where do you redline 4th? at 55-60? lol that would be horrible in LA traffic...

Red lines in 4th at around 106-107 mph with 430's, you'd run out of gear in the quarter. That's why I like my 373's, redline is right around 123-124 in 4th, perfect for my blown '03, she traps at about 112- 114.

so 4.10s vs 3.90s??? Which one would it be?

I'd go with the 390's. At least you won't have to shift into 5th if you're running nitrous or a S/C, as you would with 410's. [ it could be close, depending on how much power you're making, you may have to hit 5th, may not].
Of course this all depends on if you take your car to the track, or just run it on the street.

I have 4.30 gears in my 03 Mach. It is only pulling about 2,800 rpm at 70 mph in 5th if I remember correctly.(Maybe 2,600). I do not put many miles on the car and I make a couple trips to drags each year for the Ford events. I have the stock tires on it and do not have problems roasting the tires. I chose the 4.30,s because I hate crossing the stripe at the drags still pulling third gear. If I never raced the car though I probably would like the 4.10s or even 3.90 on the street better than the 4.30 gears. Hope this helps anybody trying to decide!
I just purchased the 4.30 gears for my 1995 GT. I have also ran 5.13 and 4.88 in many cars. The 4.30 is a good street and strip gear. I had 1.509 60 ft times consistently with street slicks.

If your out street racing you gonna wish you had at least a 4.3 gear or someone will blow you away. I have seen people run gears above 6.13 so don,t be afraid to run at least a 4.1